state income tax

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by graeco, Aug 4, 2002.

1. I respect your opinion, but wait till you have children.

My son who is going into the 2nd grade can do the work of a public school 4th grader. (Yes I am very proud of him.)

Wouldn't you want your kid to have a leg up, or would you prefer your kid to be left behind because you saved a few dollars?

And if for some odd reason he does not want to be a trader, he will have an education. Lord knows, you do not need an education for this business, I am proof of that....:D

#21     Aug 5, 2002
  2. rs7

rs7

I will second your opinions. I also lived in Vegas and couldn't wait to move out. I lived in The Lakes....certainly one of the nicest areas to live in, and still couldn't stand it there. I was fortunate with the school issue only because my wife was a teacher in the Clark County system, so my son got preferential treatment. Otherwise, the schools were horrible. The smoke, the transients, the gambling, the restaurants. Everything you mentioned. Great place to visit though. But living there is a whole different thing.

#22     Aug 5, 2002
  3. Thanks RS!

It takes someone who has lived there to crush the "Vegas appeal" real quick. I love it when a guy from another state says Vegas is the place....move there, then talk to me in a year.

I knew right away that I had made a bad move a couple of years ago when I would tell people in Vegas that I just moved there from La Jolla....They would always ask "WHY?????"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#23     Aug 5, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

Of course if I was younger and single, and wanted to just get started trading, I might feel differently. Lots of beautiful young ladies, and Don Bright to boot:p
    Also, maybe you and I moved from the wrong places..Hard to beat La Jolla, or Boulder, which is where I moved from.

#24     Aug 5, 2002
  5. I'm coming from the NY area(looking to move to Vegas)and i can tell you that the cost of living in NY or NJ is horrendous.Health insurance,auto insurance,property and income taxes,and home prices are all extremely high.CA has beautiful areas but from what i have heard,it's another overpriced state,which is what i'm looking to get away from in NY;so why would i go to CA?Ran a search and found this in Vegas for $550,000;a price for a comparable house in CA,NY,or NJ would be MUCH higher...http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/class/000308569385/1f4541ed406630968d7573fee33ab86a_0.jpg?cf_L5gyCuxwcG_Fp

#25     Aug 5, 2002
  6. #26     Aug 5, 2002
  7. rs7

rs7

Don't give too much serious thought based on a photo of a house. There are a lot of factors to consider.
    My advice....go to Vegas and rent for a few months. Get a feel for the place.
    See how you like 120 degree summer weather.
    Check out neighborhoods, schools, shopping, etc.
    Also, I don't think health or auto insurance or groceries are any less expensive in Las Vegas than anywhere else. I am not trying to talk you out of this. I just think it takes more than a pretty picture to make a big decision. And a stay on the Strip doesn't count as a living experience.
    If you want bang for the buck, what about South Dakota? No state income taxes there either:) (maybe because there is no state income?)

#27     Aug 5, 2002
  8. NJ or NY health insurance for single self employed=about $370 a month

NV health insurance for single self employed=about $70 a month

Auto insurance in NJ or NY=about 1000-1500 a year more than NV

That home i posted a link to would easily run 2-3 million in NY.

NY and NJ has cold winters.I HATE cold weather.Sure Vegas has 110 degree weather,but it's dry,not humid like FL or even NY in the summer.NY and NJ are overcrowded and the traffic sucks.

#28     Aug 5, 2002
  9. Vegas does not look like this...

#29     Aug 5, 2002
  10. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

No place I can afford in this country.:(

Also California vs. TX,WA,TN,NH,NV has that 10% premium known as state income tax (for those that could afford the pictured house)

#30     Aug 6, 2002