state income tax

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by graeco, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Las Vegas isn't a state.....

Nevada is though. No state income tax and really low property tax. The gambling taxes pay for a lot of things.

The one really nice area of Nevada is a small area off of Tahoe called Incline Village. Hope you like snow...

Robert

#11     Aug 5, 2002
  2. Vegas is probably one of the best places to live in the country.New,low priced homes,low property taxes,no state income taxes,and warm weather.Not to mention the beautiful girls and oodles of entertainment.If you are a nature lover,you got Lake Mead to the east which offers swimming,boating,fishing,and jet skiing.You also have Mt. Charleston to the west which offers skiing and hiking and Red Rock Canyon which offers hiking.If you want an ocean,the CA coast is only about a 4 hour drive away.

#12     Aug 5, 2002
  3. #13     Aug 5, 2002
  4. Just moving back from Vegas, I can tell you it is not what it is cracked up to be. All the above is true.

But you should know a few things:

1. The school system sucks. I had to pay $1000 a month for my son to go to elementary school but worth every dime because learning to read PRIOR to the 3rd grade is essential.

2. Carry a gas mask because everyone smokes EVERYWHERE. Grocery stores, all restaurants, even the 7-11. Maybe we are spoiled coming from CA where no one smokes in bars and restaurants but jeez.

3. Gambling is everywhere. Trading the markets with your probabilities, gambling against the odds becomes boring. The preverbal drunk at the 7-11 at a slot machine at 6:00 am while you are getting a cup of coffee gets old.

4. The shows and entertainment are great but really, how many shows and concerts are in your area now that you go to ?

5. If you are used to your great neighborhood restaurant, forget it. All you have in Vegas is a handful of owner-operated restaurants. If you like McDonalds or chains like Fridays, knock yourself out. Back in SoCal, the variety is very refreshing.

6. The scenery sucks. Yeah you got the mountains to look at in the distance, but everything else is brown or cement colored. Your local park has more trees than Vegas has put together.

I could go on, but it would not be worth it. If you are interested in moving to vegas, I have a link to the listing to my house under the Redwood thread under prop firms....make an offer.

See you in San Diego!

#14     Aug 5, 2002
  5. But the chicks are great!!!!

But I am married.

#15     Aug 5, 2002
  6. I don't have children yet but I always thought that public schools were free.What are you paying $1000 a month for.Is that a private school?

#16     Aug 5, 2002
  7. Warren Walker Private School in Green Valley.

#17     Aug 5, 2002
  8. Because he doesn't want his kids to become illiterate, innumerate unemployables.

#18     Aug 5, 2002
  9. So it is private;there is a cost to all private schools anywhere you go.I'll send my kid to public where it's free.

#19     Aug 5, 2002
  10. That is a load of crap.I went to public school and do very well trading,which by the way has nothing to do with what school you went to.

#20     Aug 5, 2002