"Starve The Beast"... Karl Denninger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jun 30, 2009.

1. "... We can rant and rave about market manipulation and government-sponsored games. We can petition the SEC, the FBI and Congress. We can demand that they stop it all we want.

But they haven't and likely won't until and unless America gets pissed off enough to force them to act.

So how do we make that happen, yet remain within the law?

Its not that hard, and in the intermediate and longer-term it would be incredibly positive for our economy and nation.

We go on a consumption strike until and unless our demands are met...."

Here is the rest... http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/2009/06/30.html

If we could get such a movement going, I'd go into "consumption denial" for the good of the country... how about YOU?

2. Chuckle.... I'm doing that myself, but its only for my own benefit. With what's coming our way, I am going to need all available capital anyway.

The paradox of thrift strikes again.

3. Can you imagine the SCREAMS from Congress and the Administration if this movement were to catch on?

4. Eight

Eight

If we went on consumption strike and organized that small fraction of taxpayers that support half the public sector to withhold their taxes we could have them on the ropes in a month. California started paying in iou's today, it's the perfect time to hit 'em and hit 'em hard.. I'm starting my veggie garden finally...