Startup Fever: College Students Have It Bad

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hoffmanw, Oct 19, 2010.

1. I'm starting my own business too with my partner from ATL. But I'll always trade :D .

#11     Oct 19, 2010
  2. If globalism wasn't everyone's favorite scapegoat, they would just pick on the robots again..

"The need for manual labor is rapidly declining in today's world. For example, there is a Japanese firm called Fanuc, Ltd. that actually has industrial robots manufacturing other industrial robots in a “lights out” factory."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rep/exporting-waste-to-china.html

#12     Oct 19, 2010
  3. corelove

corelove

I don't understand why anyone would give away 80% plus of their profits in a hedge fund structure. Makes no sense

But if you are serious, here's a do it yourself guide:
    http://tinyurl.com/Hedgediy

#13     Oct 19, 2010
  4. mokwit

mokwit

Reads like total bullshit propaganda to me.

Nothing wrong with the economy, you just have to be an entrepreneur.

Seems what these budding [zero experience] entrepreneurs have is 'ideas' as in "The two students plan to import more than $150,000 worth of bicycles this year that they intend to sell for $260 each online". The reality might be a little bit more like starting a business with inadequate resources in a recession. Yeah, they can negotiate great deals BUT they are operating in the same discount or die environment.

To expand a business beyond kiosk size you need capital and there doesn't seem to be much of that about , oh wait, they could take out an equity loan on their property (that they have yet to acquire).

#14     Oct 19, 2010
  5. It is better to produce nothing than to produce junk that harm our environment.

#15     Oct 19, 2010
  6. lindq

lindq

Yep, I get a kick out of all these articles that profile do-it-yourself businesses, like the profits were already in the bag and nobody ever thought of importing crap and reselling it.

99% of these folks will be living in the family basement inside of a year.

#16     Oct 19, 2010
  7. lindq

lindq

++1

#17     Oct 19, 2010
  8. Really??? Is that the best you can come up with as far as logical arguments go? I prefer humanity over the environment.

#18     Oct 19, 2010
  9. Destroy the environment and you will destroy humanity in due time! I produce what I can grow in my garden & pots. I will produce more if I have more land.

#19     Oct 19, 2010
  10. blox87

blox87 Guest

I dropped out of college after I started making money on ebay. Like many businesses .I was a middle man. I bought from a supplier in bulk , sold single units marked up. People would respect something like that more than a trader but I don't get why. I do the same thing trading . Buy from a supplier and sell at a higher price to someone else.

#20     Oct 19, 2010