Starting with $1M-Goal to double my money

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jojo.ojo, Nov 8, 2011.

1. WOOT!!! I love this journal!!! Another new trader posting his trades that I can jump on the other side of them. This will put an easy million in my pocket. :D :p :D

#21     Nov 9, 2011
  2. jojo.ojo

jojo.ojo

Sold 300k of CAD/JPY at 75.85, stop at 76.05

#22     Nov 9, 2011
  3. trendy

trendy

Seriously, was that necessary? I suggest you continue your travels. Maybe you will find maturity along the way.

#23     Nov 9, 2011
  4. yeah chill out a bit, maybe you should post that PnL of yours so we can follow along.

#24     Nov 10, 2011
  5. Blotto

Blotto

Would you like to give some feedback on this trade?
    It did go against you almost immediately and has been offside for two days. I notice the market traded within a half cent of your stated stop price today. Unless your stop is behind a huge C@rgill bid and you have special information about this then I think we can consider a position going offside for 78 out of the 80 ticks tolerance you gave without ever getting in the money qualifies as the type of trade one would wish to avoid in the future.

Any thoughts on my earlier proposal?

#25     Nov 10, 2011
  6. Ignore Blotto. He's an idiot. Don't waste your time listening to him.

There are plenty of threads on this site which offer WAY more without the arrogance.

#26     Nov 10, 2011
  7. Actually, Blotto brings some common sense to the table. Common sense, like the truth, is a pretty dear commodity on this board.

#27     Nov 11, 2011
  8. weiling

weiling

jojo.

You must have more money in the bank since you can risk 1m for trading :)

Wish you suceed.

#28     Nov 11, 2011
  9. A better idea for these kinds of threads would be to focus on the downside - avoiding big losses - rather than targeting gains. Say something like "Starting with $1M - goal, to keep my drawdowns under 10%". 100k is not exactly chump change, after all. Then, that drawdown goal will naturally force you to size your positions appropriately. If it turns out that taking moderate risk only allows you to make 15% per annum, then so be it.

It's pretty much a no-lose proposition. If you suck, then you saved yourself a shed load of cash by keeping size smaller. If you are great, then you can just keep compounding while sleeping easily at night, or slowly scaling up your size as you get more experience and performance stats. If you are consistent then you could even raise investor funds after a few years.

#29     Nov 17, 2011