Starting with $10k

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ted28, May 2, 2013.

1. I can't see how that equation would work out either - currently you can't trade more than one contract per USD 3,680 according to CME, personally I wouldn't trade more than one contract per USD 5,000...

#21     May 5, 2013
  2. Btw, there are 252 trading days per year, or?

#22     May 5, 2013
  3. murrica

murrica

$5,000.. bah. Real futures traders allocate $1,500 per contract, including margin requirement. With $400 - $500 margin per contract, that leaves a generous $1,000.00 or so buffer before you are on margin call. Why leave all that extra capital un-utilized? I say we should trade on $550 margin per contract. Margin call occurs below $500, so with commission and your 4 tick stop, you should be covered.

Let's see. $550 per contract, that's 18 contracts on a $10k account. Easy to triple every day. I expect 478,000% annual return at this rate. I expect results here, people!

#23     May 5, 2013
  4. mspkash1

mspkash1

yes sure its a piece of cake... who the hell says 95% of day traders lose money...??

#24     May 5, 2013
  5. 10k is more than enough to trade stocks , trade 200 shares in and out rt 2 dollars with IB , how you trade is that's something else.

#25     May 5, 2013
  6. deaddog

deaddog

That's a start.

#26     May 5, 2013
  7. Mtrader

Mtrader

Are you a quant or a wizard????

You and mskkash1 should read my posting carefully and completely.

Intraday you can trade with 500$ margin per contract. I said 1500$ per contract, so you can start with 6 contracts. 1500$ keeps the drawdown lower. I am a trader not a gambler. Money management matters to me.
    Make 1 point net every day.
    Trade 240 days a year because I take some holidays too. What is the point of making money and never spending it? So 4 weeks holiday. This leaves 48 weeks at 5 trading days equals 240 days.
    I said also REINVEST YOUR PROFIT. So gradually your position will grow as you have more capital available. After 50 days you will trade 25 contracts, after 100 days you will trade 100 contracts….
    So I don’t understand at all what the problem is with my posting?
    If this is too difficult to understand it is maybe not a good idea to start trading.....

#27     May 6, 2013
  8. murrica

murrica

Might I ask if this is what you have done for yourself? Did you start with $10,000 and are now trading 100 contracts on a small account ($1,500 allocated per contract) after 100 trading days?

#28     May 6, 2013
  9. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Mtrader:

Are you a quant or a wizard????

You and mskkash1 should read my posting carefully and completely.

Intraday you can trade with 500$ margin per contract. I said 1500$ per contract, so you can start with 6 contracts. 1500$ keeps the drawdown lower. I am a trader not a gambler. Money management matters to me.
    Make 1 point net every day.
    Trade 240 days a year because I take some holidays too. What is the point of making money and never spending it? So 4 weeks holiday. This leaves 48 weeks at 5 trading days equals 240 days.
    I said also REINVEST YOUR PROFIT. So gradually your position will grow as you have more capital available. After 50 days you will trade 25 contracts, after 100 days you will trade 100 contracts….
    So I don’t understand at all what the problem is with my posting?
    If this is too difficult to understand it is maybe not a good idea to start trading.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HHmmm
    REINVEST YOUR PROFIT: I think this dude is trying to be a trader not an investor by trading everyday). So he has to take some profits every few days or so.

Even if he can trade $1500 per contract, let say he takes 3 ES contracts. Thats $37.50 per move. If this goes against his way which it will, imagine how quick he will ll be out. And there will be days of consecutive losses which screws your head to make irrational decisions. God forbid 6 contracts.

I saw somewhere 4 tick stop . Somebody must not be watching the markets. Youll get stopped out all day everyday.

My 2 cents.

#29     May 6, 2013
  10. Ted28

Ted28

Thanks, that sounds like a good option for the future (no pun intended). :D

#30     May 7, 2013