Starting with 1 ES contract...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Blotto, Jul 15, 2011.

What do you believe to be the most realistic time to complete this challenge?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2016.
  1. 2 - 5 years

37 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. 1 - 2 years

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. 6 - 12 months

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Less than 6 months

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. Yes... I belly-dance for a living, and all those ES "market calls" you salivate over in this site have real money trades behind them :cool:

#31     Jul 16, 2011
  2. Going from 1 to 33 or 333 is 95% mental aptitude and 5% method ability

#32     Jul 16, 2011
  3. You're entirely FOS.

#33     Jul 16, 2011
  4. Risk, there are reasons why EliteTrader.com has slipped from #1 traffic ranking for message boards a couple of years ago to no higher than 4th place right now and pretty much tied with a competitor for that.

Quality of posts by most active posters is the beginning and end to that conversation. One need look no further than this thread or most others, tally up the most active posters, assess their quality of contribution, and there you have it.

#34     Jul 16, 2011
  5. I'm glad that we are finally on the same page, Mr Vendor.

#35     Jul 16, 2011
  6. Agreed. Anyone boasting about turning 100 lots after eighteen months is either selling something or had the $ to do so from day one. I don't think he could paper-trade a 100-lot.

Blotto -- produce Friday's run from a real-$ account showing a 40-lot fill and I will paypal you $1,000.

#36     Jul 16, 2011
  7. We can be on the same page every day... go ahead and post your daily screenshot from real-time trades in any thread of your choice, and I'll join you there.

Until that time, only one of us two has ever posted real-trade results in this website.

And you ain't the one :cool:

#37     Jul 16, 2011
  8. rallycar

rallycar

To me this has been an interesting conversation to follow because I am actually following this path. For the last year I have been learning the game and trading a live account. i have now got my style of trading exactly where I want it, i am total confident with my trading platform, entries and exits, and risk.

My method (trading the ESMini from 8.30am to 11am), with a 9 tick stop and 16 tick profit target is consistently showing a 58 per cent win ratio, and ROI of a steady 15 per cent every 15 days.

My plan from August 1st is to trade 1 contract for every $2400.00 in my account, so I will start with the account at $2400.00 on August 1st.

It would be great to see if there are some other people here who could do this same experiment so we could all keep posting genuine trades here to see if it really is possible for a day trader to actually become successful. This would be really helpful to all traders who want to see someone successful in this scam ridden business.

Anyone else game for this

#38     Jul 17, 2011

9. Anyone can cherry pick, post his profitable daily results on this website, you Mr Vendor post your results from THIS YEAR on YOUR website because I can't find anything but a hypothetical disclaimer on your website...Mr. Fake.

#39     Jul 17, 2011
  10. Where is blotto and his blotter?. $1000.00 for a blotter is a generous offer.

I want to do something like / similar to that he proposed, but earning 2 net ES points per week instead of the 2 - 20 per day he claims he can do. It will take 5 times longer than Blotto, but I got plenty of time till I die still...I think.:confused:

#40     Jul 19, 2011