Starting to develop a back for day trading "options"

Discussion in 'Options' started by TheFoot, Jul 31, 2020.

1. qlai

qlai

I was attending below room and I like the guy who runs it. IMHO, his method is valid, but I hate illiquid instruments and day trading options would frustrate the hell out of me :)

http://www.tradewithjoe.com/

#21     Aug 1, 2020
  2. ironchef

ironchef

SPY options are very liquid, huge volume thin spread (bid/ask) easy to get in and out. Making money on the other hand is a different matter.

#22     Aug 1, 2020
  3. qlai

qlai

I was talking about higher beta stocks, but I think if you can make money day trading SPY, you should be able to make money trading SPY weeklies. In fact, I was thinking of writing an algo that would shadow my equity trading with options. Should be a fun project for future.

#23     Aug 1, 2020
  4. TheFoot

TheFoot

Thanks man

#24     Aug 1, 2020
  5. TheFoot

TheFoot

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out.

#25     Aug 1, 2020
  6. ironchef

ironchef

I was neither able to day trade SPY nor day trade SPY options. :(:banghead:

TSLA has very high beta and very liquid by the way.

#26     Aug 1, 2020
  7. traider

traider

How can we be sure that jeffalvinson is profitable if you couldn't make his method work.

#27     Aug 2, 2020
  8. ironchef

ironchef

You know he is the real deal if you follow his posts. He's on ET since 2006 but haven't posted lately. Hopefully he is still around and reads posts.

I only tried his "basic system" which was his starting point. He expected us to develop our own enhancement from that starting point. It was actually positive but I couldn't make the basic system worked better than what I had.

#28     Aug 2, 2020