Starting to develop a back for day trading "options"

Discussion in 'Options' started by TheFoot, Jul 31, 2020.

1. TheFoot

TheFoot

Hey guys I'm brand new but have had some moderate success this for sorting out certain stocks to hope on and get out with a little profit. I was thinking to maximize my profits and limit my risks I may want to start day trading options. Anyone think that is a bad idea?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

It is a very good idea on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

https://spintwig.com/spy-short-put-0-7-and-45-dte-leveraged-options-backtest/

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think it’s a bad idea.

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

read the link.

Atikon likes this.
  5. I think it's a great idea. I want everyone to do it.

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

read the link.

7. I have seen it before, it was posted here in another thread - that's why I want more people to do it. It's a great idea and everyone will be driving a Lambo after doing it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  8. TheFoot

TheFoot

I was being serious!

9. You don't like Lambos? Buy a Porsche then!

I was primarily commenting on the tail-selling strategy in the link - yes, tails are statistically rich but there is a reason why most people are reluctant to sell them. If more people sold tails, maybe tails would get fairly priced and i'd be a happy buyer :)

If we are serious for a moment, you can come up with viable intraday strategies for options especially if you have good call on the underlying stock. It would take a lot of work, as it would difficult to overcome transaction costs and there are a lot of question on the risk/reward too.

10. TheFoot

TheFoot

I was joking when I said I was being serious but I am being serious about day trading options if that makes sence.

And I'll take a porche or a Lamborghini.

But I am looking for some serious advice because I am new. I may not fully understand what I'm doing but it seems to me to be safer to option 100 shares at 5 bucks a share for say 50 bucks that to lay 500 bucks down to buy outright and then possibly be left holding the bag of shame if I'm worng.

I know not all stocks offer options but I am definitely way more drawn to the crazy stocks that move up and down like a bobber than the slow moving ones.

#10     Jul 31, 2020