Starting Over ..............

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by seadog, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Gift,

It is not the reply ... it is the fact that you left something else that you were doing to come and look over here.

Given your emotions on this industry - it raises an eyebrow.

You basically called Don Bright "a pimp" ... but you still come by to check it all out ... knowing full well what you are likely to see.

Help the man who started this thread if you can.

And ask yourself if you might need to take a bite of the same advice you were offerring to him.

That's all I'm saying.

See ya.

#31     Nov 7, 2007
  2. Seadog,

I'll share two quotes that help me get back on the surfboard of life each time I stumble:

Hemingway: "Every man has fears - those who face them with dignity also have courage."

Churchill: "Success is going from failure to failure without losing momentum."

A word to GodsGift: I've been kicked in the head harder by corporate life than trading the markets can or will ever do.

Yes, you might be working a job but remember you're still being told what to do by someone else who earns more than your $1K per day.

Cheers,
    Muddy Farmer

#32     Nov 7, 2007
  3. Gift, Pretty simple evaluation from what you have posted so far.

1. You are a failed daytrader, not every one is.

2. Your father was a failed trader. So accept that it's genetic!

3. You have posted your frustration, now go on to better sites.

Best of luck.......

D.

#33     Nov 7, 2007
  4. dtan1e

dtan1e

man & fish r two very different animals :D :D :D

#34     Nov 7, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

between journal, hardware, software, and psychology forum you should find all you ever need to start over.

#35     Nov 7, 2007
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

can someone enlighten me abt the goldilocks thing

#36     Nov 7, 2007
  7. Quote from seadog:

Could we get back to the purpose of my discussion forum?
    This banter is not helping my cause, which is getting back to trading.

-----------------

Seadog

Why don't you send Godsgift a PM and pitch your trading approach to him.

From what he says - he has capital. And he will obviously be a tough critic. If you can convince him to back you with a few bucks - you can proceed with increased confidence. And if not - so what, oh well. And he may be able to show you some holes you still have in your game.

If you are looking to be backed, you are going to have to pitch your approach to a lot of folks before (and if) someone bites.

May as well get some practice.

Mkt. opens in a minute - gotta go.

#37     Nov 8, 2007
  8. seadog

seadog

Mad Alfred
    Thanks for the great input.As a former stock broker and doing 300 cold calls to get my first $25K, to start my trading business, pitching my trading is second nature.I love trading, I'm a believer.
    Thanks
    seadog

#38     Nov 8, 2007
  9. I don't know much about "simulators" - (actually, I know nothing - just know about the concept) but if you can somehow have your system run through a simulator - that may help.

Maybe start a thread asking about that. Some of the smart guy geeks on the site may have some info.

Good luck, Seadog.

#39     Nov 8, 2007
  10. Gift, may I ask how you got started in the business that you're in now and what business it is? 10k isn't very much indeed (especially from your current perspective) so I guess you must have been very desperate and worried to get meals on the table. Therefore it was simply a wise and obligatory decision to switch jobs.

#40     Nov 8, 2007