Starting Over ..............

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by seadog, Nov 6, 2007.

1. IluvVol

IluvVol

Lol, for someone with trading addictions you seem to be GLUED to this website. Is that specific enough?

#21     Nov 7, 2007
  2. Gift

This is the way I see it.

Your computer was set on its homepage - whatever that might be. Let's just say ESPN.

Then you said 'hey' - I think I'll go to "elitetrader"

If the "Starting Over" thread did not exist, you would have only seen what is usually here:

Guys debating about Jim Cramer.

Guys debating about a high flying stock.

Guys debating about a nose dive stock.

Guys debating about forex.

Guys debating about prop firms/retail firms/trading software etc.

Why would you come here to get a "whiff" of all that stuff?

If the Starting Over thread wasn't here - what would there be for you to weigh in on? The future of PTR? or C? or the Dollar/Euro? Or how great/stupid Jim Cramer is? You are out of the biz - why would you care?

That is the stuff that is ALWAYS here. And you came here looking for it.

You didn't come here to advise the Starting Over guy - because
    you could not have known his thread was here.

Now - If you are who you say you are - why don't you send the guy a PM and ask what his qualifications are and see if you can help find the man some work. With the understanding that he can do want ever he wants with his pay once he has earned it.

#22     Nov 7, 2007
  3. GodsGift

GodsGift

You mean because my total of 9 posts since joining? Most of which have been today (a slow day at work)? If anything, this tells me you've never worked in a corporate environment. How long have you been losing money? Oops, I mean "trading."

#23     Nov 7, 2007
  4. seadog

seadog

Could we get back to the purpose of my discussion forum?
    This banter is not helping my cause, which is getting back to trading
    seadog

#24     Nov 7, 2007
  5. GodsGift

GodsGift

You're right. I normally come to this site and see nothing of value - Don Bright pimping his firm, guys citing correlations that don't exist, people calling tops of this or that.

This thread caught my eye and I felt I could make a meaningful contribution. What more reason does one need to reply to a thread?

#25     Nov 7, 2007
  6. Gift

This is the way I see it.

Your computer was set on its homepage - whatever that might be. Let's just say ESPN.

Then you said 'hey' - I think I'll go to "elitetrader"

If the "Starting Over" thread did not exist, you would have only seen what is usually here:

Guys debating about Jim Cramer.

Guys debating about a high flying stock.

Guys debating about a nose dive stock.

Guys debating about forex.

Guys debating about prop firms/retail firms/trading software etc.

Why would you come here to get a "whiff" of all that stuff?

If the Starting Over thread wasn't here - what would there be for you to weigh in on? The future of PTR? or C? or the Dollar/Euro? Or how great/stupid Jim Cramer is? You are out of the biz - why would you care?

That is the stuff that is ALWAYS here. And you came here looking for it.

You didn't come here to advise the Starting Over guy - because
    you could not have known his thread was here.

Now - If you are who you say you are - why don't you send the guy a PM and ask what his qualifications are and see if you can help find the man some work. With the understanding that he can do want ever he wants with his pay once he has earned it.

#26     Nov 7, 2007
  7. Sorry for the double post

#27     Nov 7, 2007
  8. IluvVol

IluvVol

Not everybody loses money as you did. And not everyone believes when you say that you lived in a shithole with no money and then you now make 1k per day. How did this great turnaround come about? Oh, I forgot you suddenly got admitted into a top B-school and now make about 250k a year. Not bad!!!. Or does the story go like this: You were a computer nerd and after you lost your trading capital suddenly the world discovered your talents and the banks bent over backwards to get this whiz kid. Very entertaining story.

Well, if you wanna handle your addiction I recommend you now reply to this post but then let it be and get back to your 1k/day work and dont come back here to ET. We dont want to be responsible for you getting back to shit life.

FYI, I do work in a corporate environment, I work for a bank, I work as a trader for a bank to be exact and I make good money. PM me if you are really that keen on seeing some proof.

#28     Nov 7, 2007
  9. seadog

seadog

Off to work in my low paying job, broke my wrist last week. This has to be the bottom. Can only go up from here.
    Thank you everyone for your input, keep it coming.
    seadog

#29     Nov 7, 2007
  10. What about old Seadog getting a new gig?

#30     Nov 7, 2007