Starting Over ..............

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by seadog, Nov 6, 2007.

1. seadog

seadog

Thank you for the idea on LV.
    I live on the east coast of Canada, and in my mid fifties.I have worked in other countries and cities, while in the computer industry.One must have backup cash to do this.Of I had backup cash I could trade.
    Thanks for the idea.
    seadog

#11     Nov 7, 2007
  2. "Gift"

If you review my posts - you will see a lot of silliness and irreverance.

Forget about them for now.

David maria asks a very interesting and very serious question.

If you are not in this business anymore - why are you on the site?

Why revisit a site that dedicates its focus to a business that ruined you financially?

You could not have known the "starting over" thread was here when you first loaded www.elitetrader.com into your url.

What were you looking for before you got here?

I have friends and family members who have problems w/gambling. IMO - if you are in fact truthful about your experience, you may want to check yourself.

You may not be as "okay" as you think you are.

Just a thought.

Okay, that's that. Now back to insulting Maria Bartiromo.

#12     Nov 7, 2007
  3. avarus

avarus

Gift-

SUCCESS seems largely a matter of HOLDING ON after others have let go. William Feather

#13     Nov 7, 2007
  4. GodsGift

GodsGift

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, but the best I can surmise is that because I'm even discussing the topic, it's somehow an indication that I'm not over it. I don't see the 1:1 between reflection and denial. In fact, I think they are in opposition to each other.

In any case, here's the deal: I have a clearer perspective on what it means to be a fish than most. I'm a reformed fish. My dad was a fish. He spent his entire life chasing money and women and ended up with neither. In the process he went to jail once, bankrupt a few times, married/divorced six times and last I heard he was wandering somewhere through Mexico high. I'm serious.

When I was a kid, a very prescient teacher told me to be careful not to be so quick to make unethical decisions based on short-term optimization as there will always be guys who see that, who are smarter than me, and who will exploit that tendency while allowing me to feel that I'm beating them. This coincided with my father almost going to jail a second time for insurance fraud as the president of a small insurance company in CA.

What's my point? Frankly, that I know more about the subject of what it means to be a fish chasing a chimera of success than most people thrice my age. I come onto this board to remind myself that there are no shortcuts and that waking up everyday and going to work beats daytrading, despite the fact that it's less exciting.

#14     Nov 7, 2007
  5. Gift mentions the movie Two for the money
    Isn't that the one where Pacino goes to the Gambler anon. meeting and passes out cards for his betting site?
    Hmmmmm....

#15     Nov 7, 2007
  6. GodsGift

GodsGift

Yes, after he gives a speech about the fact that that gamblers are lemons and that they gamble to feel alive, not to win.

#16     Nov 7, 2007
  7. Pacino plays himself in most movies recently. And I saw no reason for Maconaugghhheeyyyguy to take his shirt off.
    Was it lemons or lemmings?

#17     Nov 7, 2007
  8. GodsGift

GodsGift

You're an imbecile.

#18     Nov 7, 2007
  9. IluvVol

IluvVol

LOL, you surely sound like a guy who makes 1k per day!!!

Laughable. This website spots the absolutely most outrageous creatures on earth.

#19     Nov 7, 2007
  10. GodsGift

GodsGift

Humor me with specifics, please. Thanks.

#20     Nov 7, 2007