starting out

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by iguana, Apr 26, 2004.

1. iguana

iguana

hi everyone

just curious. what is the avg age for people starting out to become a equities trader.

I'm asking b/c i'm just finishing my MBA and i've gotten an opportunity to become junior trader at an equities desk in a bank. ecsentially a training position to advance to senior trader w/n a yr or two.
    it seems like a good position, helping traders with their day-to-day tasks and maintaining the trade desk while learning the mkt.
    a friend of mine just started a similar position (no MBA) and said its great.
    i've been giving it some thought though b/c i'm 27 (no family or anything like that) and it might be less $ at the beginning than what i was doing b4 (fund/trust accting). i know i shldn't be picky b/c a lot of MBA's are having a real hard time find work.

any insight would be greatly appreciated

thank you

2. ig0r

ig0r

jobs like that at ibanks are very hard to come by, I'd say give it a try and see if you like it

3. would you recommend other soon-to-be-college-grads to pursue an MBA in area of finance, investment banking in the next 3-6 years?

:confused: