Starting out - What tools?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Halcyon, Mar 29, 2002.

1. <i>Don't forget: there is no god.</i>

Lovely, just lovely. I am not really much with such talk...

#21     Mar 30, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

ROTFLOL

nitro

#22     Mar 30, 2002
  3. I gotta agree with Thug Life and Don Bright... at least get a better broker than Ameritrade!

Otherwise, you sure are gonna get killed!

#23     Mar 30, 2002
  4. Slaughtered.

#24     Mar 30, 2002
  5. Halcyon

Halcyon

Yes! I'll keep you informed and up to date.

I admit my "ego" is big, everyone thinks that of me - What others call arrogance, ego I simply call "a very healthy dose of self esteem"

And yes, I can combine that with emotionless, stoic trading.

And about advice:
    Yes & No: I ask advice on what broker I should use, not on HOW I should trade. I'll find out myself thank you.
    :)

Thug @ 3.42: at least I don't post total useless posts like yours

Seems much ppl can only say "you'll get killed" instead of answering my question.

#25     Mar 30, 2002
  6. <i>I admit my "ego" is big, everyone thinks that of me - What others call arrogance, ego I simply call "a very healthy dose of self esteem"
    And about advice:
    Yes & No: I ask advice on what broker I should use, not on HOW I should trade. I'll find out myself thank you.</i>

All I'm trying to do is save you a lot of money.

You come into trading HAVING NEVER TRADED thinking that you know what you're doing, you don't need advice, and you even admit that you have a big ego. This is a recipe for disaster.

The market will rid you of your ego eventually, provided that you don't run out of money first. It would be a lot cheaper to get rid of it here, but I guess you have money to burn.

"Best of Luck"

#26     Mar 30, 2002
  7. When we start to trade we often learn the wrong lessons from the market. It is only after we lose and reevaluate what we "know" that we are able to gain market wisdom.

#27     Mar 30, 2002
  8. Halcyon

Halcyon

I wonder: has ANYONE EVER traded (or started to trade) WITHOUT thinking to know/knowing what they are doing?

When you make such comment I guess you must mean one should come into trading WITHOUT thinking to know/knowing what they are doing.

This seems to me like one of the most stupidest things one can do. (maybe you did this ? j/k)

Like I said: yes & no: I DON'T need advice on things I DIDN'T ask advice for, when I want your advice I'll ask for it.

And I don't recall asking in this post how, why, when, if I should trade. Only where.

No I said i'll trade stoic.

Tripack: That's what I meant with the trade I did 1.8 years ago.
    I lost money, and I reevaluated my tactics for 1.8 years.

#28     Mar 30, 2002
  9. Are you saying that you did a single trade a couple of years ago and because of that trade you have spent all this time working on what it taught you?

#29     Mar 30, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

My gwaud, one trade and you went away for 1.8 years? What will happen when you get killed this time, how long will you go away for?

_JUST_KIDDING_AGAIN_

:D

nitro

Halcyon, people at ET are very passionate. Don't worry too much - believe it or not, they are just trying to be helpful. The most important thing to remember when someone posts is that they are making a statement about themselves, they don't even know you.

#30     Mar 30, 2002