Starting out in Prop Trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BoSoxFan, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Just another FRAUD exposed!

#21     Oct 19, 2008
  2. I know you love the capitals market and I love NBA basketball, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I can play in the nba. Trading is very difficult, especially under the circumstances that you are in (low savings, children to take care of). These circumstances don't allow for you to take time to learn how to trade, they create the attitude of I must make money soon or else I'm in trouble. You are very unlikely to be successful with this approach.

Get a job and think about trading in your spare time. Start swing trading and if you are profitable consider making the move to intra-day. In your situation please do not commit to trading fulltime until you are a consistently profitable swing trader, for your children's sake.

#22     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Begotti

Begotti

Yeah I agree just start swinging away. You don’t just start fulltime do a lot of first reading. And you have kids get a 529 fund going there collage and learn with that or IRA. Start it with 1000 and play safe. Trade once or twice a month and think in-between trade ways to do it better and read more.

#23     Oct 21, 2008