starting out at swift Trade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by snoop101, Dec 13, 2006.

1. snoop101

snoop101

One other thing. Not to sure if this has been answered. But is there other companies like Swift Trade?

#11     Dec 13, 2006
  2. go there and learn to trade, shitty software is better than no software, and dont get me wrong i make money, and lots of money, its just that their software is the biggest piece of shit you will ever see.

kind of funny that they mak you go for 3 interviews in calgary, our branches play by the mentality that if you throw enough shit against the wall some of it sticks, believe me i know cause im a piece of shit and i stuck.:p :p :p

#12     Dec 13, 2006

3. youd probably have a tough time in calgary finding nything else similar, atleast if you didnt have an money to start out.

#13     Dec 13, 2006
  4. snoop101

snoop101

Well that was more positive :D I think with a part time job and no car to pay (I only live 3 blocks from swifttrade) I should make it ok.

#14     Dec 13, 2006

5. most of the guys who make th big money have a kind of healthy obsession about the markets, i.e. enjoy reading about the markets in their pasttime as well, good luck to you, and just dont expect to make money for 6 months, hopefully you got the money to back that, otherwise youll end up leaving right when you start getting the hang of things.

oh and btw wanna throw the interviewer off guad right off the bat??? ask him how many gbols they had today, lol.

#15     Dec 13, 2006
  6. landboy

landboy

Wow, if you think 600 is a little, you'd be VERY lucky to get that in your first few months... IN fact, I think you go net negative your first few months, coz they make you pay desk fees, so it really isn't trading for free...

#16     Dec 13, 2006
  7. snoop101

snoop101

good one. I'll have to ask about desk fees and also if there is any training fees.

#17     Dec 13, 2006
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Here's one....ask the guy interviewing you how much HE makes from trading.

#18     Dec 13, 2006
  9. snoop101

snoop101

Just incase you guys dont know, but Calgary has a problem with employment. You can get a job at dairy queen making 11 bucks an hour. I dont know how much this will reflect on swift trade and there hiring, but it might make it easier to negotiate the fees or atleast make them not even charge for desk feess, etc. Obviously I wont kow this until next week. Thanks for everyone's help. Sure gives me an idea of what to look forward to and also other who are reading this post.

#19     Dec 13, 2006
  10. Where do you set the line between healthy, and no so healthy obsession about the markets??:confused:

#20     Dec 13, 2006