Starting my trading career......

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by theump, Jun 5, 2007.

1. theump

theump

After being a broker for the last 15 years, as well as doing pretty well trading my own account for the same time period, I have decided to make the shift to trading full time.

I am thinking about joing RBC/Carlin in NJ. If I go, I will be putting up $50k with 200% intraday, and 100% overnight. Commissions are .01 with a 90%-10% payout. Did I get a fair deal?

My trading style is pretty much, mo-mo, trading on news and somewhat fundamental driven. I don't anticipate putting up massive share volume, like the 4 million shares a month I have been reading about.

Thoughts?

2. tewjere

tewjere

I think the comms might be a little to steep

3. you can get 4:1 margin at most brokers intraday.

How come you are putting up so much for only 2:1 margin. On top of that, you are getting raped for commission.

4. cvds16

cvds16

why not simply go with ib as a retail trader, you will have a better deal compared to what you got (unless I'm missing something)

5. That's a bad deal.

6. jsmith

jsmith

You can get 100% payout, 200k intraday margin and 0.005 per share commission trading retail with 50k.

That's the worst deal EVER!

7. Commissions are too steep IMO. What's their per share fee? Margin is ok. Usually 4:1 daily and 2:1 overnight are the most common.

You can go backdoor and get 10:1 daily, but there's risks associated with that.

8. sim03

sim03