Starting hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by serg007, Jun 24, 2005.

1. ktm

ktm

Need? Getting more funds has never been about "need." We didn't need the last 3000 or so that have arrived.

#11     Jun 25, 2005
  2. serg007

serg007

jerryz- thanks for clarification

:)

first of all, we wouldn't like to accept money through PO Box anywhere, that's why I'm going to go through the necessary procedures to become fully legal
    regarding the need for "another fund", I know that American and European investors have a wide choice of investment vehicles. Unfortunatelly, the same cannot be said about high net worh Russians. That's why I want to create the "line" of vehicles for these guys including domestic onshore mutual fund, global macro offshore hedge fund as well as a variety of individual strategies for segregated accounts.
    I want to start from the global macro fund because this is exactly what I've been doing for the last 3 years for a pool of individual clients and with this fund I wouldn't have to change the investment strategy.

#12     Jun 26, 2005

3. have you taken any positions in Ukrainian stocks last 12 months?

#13     Jun 26, 2005
  4. serg007

serg007

No, we don't work with Ukranian stocks. If you're interested I could check which of the major Russian brokerages work with them and give you necessary contacts.

#14     Jun 26, 2005
  5. this is where the big money was made in e. europe last 12 months, as a macro hf i think you should have been on it.

#15     Jun 26, 2005
  6. serg007

serg007

Until now I've been managing the whole pool alone. In order not to loose concentration I had to focus on the certain areas, which included major US ETFs (indices, sector, international), the most liquid Russian stocks and commodities futures.
    That's more than enough :)
    Of course, if our idea with the fund would realize, I would look for a couple of smart guys to cover previously left markets to become really "global".

#16     Jun 27, 2005
  7. I have a Ph.D in message board posting! :D

#17     Jun 27, 2005
  8. AK100

AK100

As I've said before many funds (hedge or otherwise) are just a front for legally skimming money from clients.

Outrageous front end loads, commissions kickbacks, expensive management charges etc etc.

Why do you think the industry is lobbying so hard for hedge funds to be sold to the general public? Because they care about the general public, because they want them to make money (that's always an after thought)?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No way, because the public offers another massive pool of money that can be picked clean.....................

PS. I'm not suggesting that this Russian guy thinks like this but most do when they see the easy money that can be made.

#18     Jun 27, 2005