Starting Daytrading Firm in India or China - advice?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by CutsThrough, Sep 25, 2006.

1. The firm was losing money because the owners saddled it with debt as they siphoned most of their at risk money out leaving the traders holding the bag at the end.

#21     Sep 26, 2006
  2. Tums

Tums

swift already has a number of shops in China.

All the systems and proceedures are in place.
    you can buy a franchise and open another shop in one month.

#22     Sep 26, 2006
  3. Thanks for that. I got in touch with them today. They don't/won't consider allowing the white-labelling of thier platform/brand. I'm not sure that I'm entirely comfortable tying my fate to thier brand.

Additionally, when I shopped for a prop firm in NYC, I steered clear of what I believed to be syndicated chop shops. Perhaps they're in fact stronger than standalone firms, but I think the stigma might be a net negative.

Along the lines of your original suggestion - do you know of any other prop firms that offer turnkey type solutions similar to Swifttrade?

#23     Sep 26, 2006
  4. mspkash1

mspkash1

I think anyone who is going to trade the US stock market should be a citizen or permanent resident or authorized to work in the US. I don't think the SEC will let anyone trade the markets regardless where the traders are. I'd do a firm research on the basics of opening a day trading shop in India.

#24     Sep 26, 2006
  5. I never said it was the right answer, I said he is on the right track. Worldco is just an easy example that most will recognize.

They failed for a number of reasons, the topic has been beat to death. Why they failed is not what I was aiming at.

#25     Sep 26, 2006
  6. Hi cutthrought
    Well i have to say something
    Just because if u r not successful in trading that does not mean u will not be successful in prop firm
    1 ) a trainer gives training to a boxer well if he is so good why doest he be a boxer him self
    2 ) a teacher or a professor who is teach us Mba , well if they r so good why dont they go get 100K-80 K job them self
    Some pll are good in giving advice or helping people but they cant do it them self
    All i have to say that if u have the proper business model and are well planned where ever u open u will do good but that involve a lot of hard work
    china
    Not a bad place seem like booming especially in export
    India
    Lot of software engineer IT people
    For a fact i know that there are prop firm in india as i have a friend who trade the indian market and also HK dax sg future
    Whilei also know HLV capital and Swift also have a ofice in China

#26     Sep 27, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

from above.

"a teacher or a professor who is teach us Mba , well if they r so good why dont they go get 100K-80 K job them self"

your question deserves an answer.

1. they are already making 80K+ from the job
    2. they also get consulting fees which may be a multiple of their salaries.
    3. they use their students as free labor to help them on their outside work.
    4. they are in an enviroment to seduce impressionable young women.
    5. they are in the classroom a maximun of 16 hrs. of week, they work less than 40 weeks a year

teachers of finance are not good examples.

#27     Sep 27, 2006
  8. Hehe, well anyone who has traded in a particular midtown office knows that running a prop firm has absolutely nothing to do with knowing how to trade. Apprently, sales skills are more important.

#28     Sep 27, 2006
  9. mishwar

mishwar

:D :p :cool: in that order

#29     Sep 28, 2006
  10. Here are just some calculations that I’ve been doing.

This is based on opening a Prop Firm in Mumbai utilizing the prop/hybrid structure and giving each trader power-of-attorney over the firm account.

Note that India’s per capita income is $538 (or 24,703 Indian Rupees)

<b>Assumptions:</b>
    -- 20 traders
    -- $ 67.25 monthly draw (this is equal to 1/12th of 1.5 times India’s per capita income of $538 per year)
    -- No deposit would be required.
    --Commission would be .015/share + ECNs + fees
    -- Commission basis between prop firm and clearing firm would be .002/share
    -- Trading volume is assumed to be 20,000 shares per trader per day in the worst case and 150,000 per trader per day in the best case.

<b>Worst Case</b>
    Traders 15
    Average shares per day 20,000
    Total Shares 300,000
    Shares per Month 6,000,000
    Average Rate 0.013
    Daily Gross 3,900
    Montly Gross 78,000
    Yearly Gross 936,000

<b>Best Case</b>
    Traders 50
    Average shares per day 150,000
    Total Shares 7,500,000
    Shares per Month 150,000,000
    Average Rate 0.013
    Daily Gross 97,500
    Montly Gross 1,950,000
    Yearly Gross 23,400,000

Obviously the biggest cost is office space in the central Mumbai business district, which I’m having a tough time locating information on – feel free to post it, if possible.

#30     Sep 28, 2006