Starting a small incubator fund?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fred Proffitt, May 8, 2018.

1. After many requests from traders asking if I would trade for them, I am considering whether or not to start a small incubator fund. However, in advance of any decision I would like to give the strategy a practical test before a group of impartial but sceptical observers, and then hopefully receive any feedback, good or bad!

I have based the would-be fund on a strategy I developed entitled 'The Cevn Bounce'. If you are not already aware of this free strategy, then full details can be located on the internet. To help understand my trading plan I have included two screen captures to show you my setup.

Image1 (1_WorkScreen.png). 1_WorkScreen.png
    The strategy uses five moving averages; 20, 50, 100, 150 and 200 with market trends and the CCI momentum indicator to produce data for the Trade Info. To achieve my goal, I had to develop a mathematical equation that computes the moving averages with momentum and market trends. I then write the results on screen as Trade Info to follow the next day.

The three yellow lines in the momentum indicator window below show the last trades that occurred on this pair.

Image2 (2_TradeScreen.png).
    2_TradeScreen.png

This screen is only for the placing of trades generated by the strategy, However, the weekly Pivot Points (Erik's Pivots), are used to assist in the closure of any trades.

2. Possible EURUSD trade for 10/5/18.
    EURAUD_10-5-18.png

On the good side, the major trend is bullish, momentum is overbought and the price is being held at M2 on the pivot indicator.
    On the bad side, the minor trend is bearish and the trend strength has increased to medium.
    Allow candle to form if possible, but be ready to take any profits if price turns. Place the stop-loss around the 1.5826 mark.

Happy trading.

3. fan27

fan27

Have you been able to backtest this strategy?

4. Link your live account to a tracking/analytics like myfxbook or similar then you will get much better feedback.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  5. Yes, have produced a PDF available free on the internet.

6. Thanks Quas, tried, but have been unable to as I can't get my computer to logon with Myfxbook

7. The EURUSD 10/5/18 produced a breakeven profit of approx £57.00, (double stake unit).

8. Possible trades for 11/5/18. I must state here that I am on Oanda's +5 timeframe so trades only start at 5 am on the day.

Trade for EURAUD 11/5/18
    EURAUD_11-5-18.png

9. Trade for EURGBP 11/5/18
    EURGBP_11-5-18.png

10. Trade for EURJPY 11/5/18
    EURJPY_11-5-18.png

#10     May 10, 2018