Starting a small Hedge Fund??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SnookFishing, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BJL

BJL

so your results are misleading. good way to start a hedge fund.

#51     Oct 30, 2007
  2. I think what he meant was he would not use such bulk with real money. So when he loads up on one position he feels is good, the subscriber would adjust for 2-3% of his capital. While he may go 50-60%? I think that is what he said. If he is real good he can achieve some sort of wild returns like that, but of course with real money these strategies can blow an account in a trade or two. If you are a doofus you can end up owing money. Are you tracked by any third party verification sites like collective2?(question for budfoxx)p-

#52     Oct 30, 2007
  3. BJL

BJL

By 'just cumulative' you mean

+50%
    -50%
    -100%
    +50%
    +200%

equals +150% ?

#53     Oct 30, 2007
  4. syrre

syrre

I don't know this setup, but it sure sounds like a Cell Phone Subscription :)

#54     Oct 30, 2007
  5. Really simple setup that allows for management of F&F capital without the need for registration in most states.

IMO, if you do that you might as well take a week, study for the 65 and register in your state. Most states will then not care how many clients you have, and you can set up an advisory account with IB instead. More freedom this way. The series 65, 7, etc.. tests are a cakewalk too.

#55     Oct 30, 2007
  6. Marvao

Marvao

i actually spoke to an attorney out of GA today who was willing to provide services for under 20k so they are out there

#56     Oct 31, 2007
  7. go with Turn Key Hedge Funds--they were by far the most organized of all the administrators I tried and I think they'll cost like $12k to start you up

#57     Oct 31, 2007
  8. BudFoxx, here´s a link to a professional analytics and workflow solutions provider.

http://www.pertrac.com/per0020/web/me.get?WEB.websections.show&PER0020_1172

The PerTrac Analytical Platform is the answer for finding, tracking, and analyzing investments, building portfolios, and creating stunning reports and presentations. Downloadable investment databases are readily available from a wide variety of outside sources on a wealth of investment vehicles, including hedge funds, CTAs, mutual funds and separately managed accounts. You can create your own data records too.

Maybe you can creat your data records for us in a professional way, thus enabling the community to compare your results with industry benchmarks...Use IntellistatTM to see where an investment's track record ranks against its peers on a percentile basis. Request a free report :

http://www.pertrac.com/per0020/web/me.get?WEB.websections.show&PER0020_881

A.S.

#58     Nov 1, 2007
  9. sogo

sogo

Bud/Sanjil, whatever you want to call yourself, based on your performance on the Options Report over the last seven months I would stick with charging a monthly fee if I was you, and look up what a stop loss order is too, and how it works.

That $1 stop on your oil position is beginning to look pretty good as the position expires at zero tomorrow!

#59     Nov 16, 2007
  10. What kind of start up costs would u be looking at?

#60     Nov 16, 2007