Starting a public fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by destriero, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

I am sure you really enjoy the 100% ownership of the draw downs as well.

#21     Dec 14, 2018
    VPhantom, destriero and MarkBrown like this.
  2. schweiz

schweiz

What is a "drawdown"? :D

Those who are consistent profitable will never have big drawdowns. I think my biggest drawdown of the last 10 years is smaller then my daily average profit. And that drawdown never lasts longer then 1 trading session.
    I catch 6 times more profits so I have some additional profits to cover the draw downs.
    That's the reason why turning down offers is a no-brainer for me.

(I know: you probably don't believe me as by default all traders are losers,but I really don't care.)

Every businessman risks making losses. But nevertheless hundreds of millions of business owners never want to give up their company and work for 15% commission just to avoid the risks. Risk/reward tells you what to do.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    #22     Dec 14, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  3. Schweiz, since the minimum allocation is roughly three orders of magnitude larger than your account size, wouldn't you be at least two orders of magnitude better off moving to Dallas?

#23     Dec 14, 2018
    destriero and MarkBrown like this.
  4. schweiz

schweiz

What is "three orders of magnitude larger"? Is it three times the size of my account?

Edit: as English is not my native language I had to look up what you posted. You don't have to answer anymore as I am not interested in discussions with idiots. If my account would be $1,000, the three orders of magnitude (the proposed minimum allocation ) would be $1 billion. Even for the supertrader Destriero that is too big.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    #24     Dec 14, 2018
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I think that will be the problem, and he knows it. Very few traders have experiance in these products and the ones that do either work for large banks or large hedge funds. He needs to find that talent and draw them away looking for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. Then when you consider ruling out foreign persons and those from other cities, because you prefer them local, it makes it even harder.

If it were easy, anyone could do it.

Bob

#25     Dec 14, 2018
    dealmaker and comagnum like this.
  6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Unfortunately, these products require a large balance sheet and the relationships in place. You can't do it on your own.

#26     Dec 14, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

I made one mistake: I daytrade the ES and based my comments on that. So first of all I have no clue about anything else then forex and futures. To make me stop daytrading the ES and work for 15% commission, the offers should be crazy.

#27     Dec 14, 2018
  8. Nobody ever asks you to trade or tries to stop you from anything. You do what you care. It is unquestionably a generous structure.

#28     Dec 14, 2018
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

if your a real killer you can dictate your terms not have someone dictate terms to you. being a dallas native i am very embarrassed that carpetbagger will crap a fail and leave it. finally the so called outer just outed himself as another scammer, just on a grander magnitude. lol

#29     Dec 14, 2018

10. Dont forget the having to move to Dallas part. I love my Cowboys and was in Dallas two weeks ago for the game but I ain't moving there for no amount of $$$$ haha.

#30     Dec 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.