Starting a newsletter...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FishSauce, Apr 22, 2003.

1. you will have to prove what your saying with real money. there are more financial newsletters out there than any other kind. start right here. post some live trades for a while and get a track record.

#11     Apr 24, 2003
  2. the best way to gain credibility is to trade your own money with your system and not just say that everything is backtested well. actual results are important to show, especially since you're not known as a trader. even the mathematicians and engineers that profess to say that they have written great systems have to show that they work in real-time and "forward-test' properly.

#12     Apr 24, 2003
  3. If you've tied all of your money in development, then paper trade your system and post them. You might get some interest.

Eventually trading the system with real money is the best indication if the system has merit. If you can trade it with real money then you'll have a goldmine.

#13     Apr 24, 2003
  4. Quah

Quah

Suprised no one has asked this yet...

If you have a working/winning system, wouldn't you make more money trading the system yourself vs. selling a newsletter?

#14     Apr 24, 2003
  5. Thanks for replying guys. Great suggestions.

To answer the last Q's, we have been seeking to get "seed" money, i.e. try the money managing route. Needless to say, that effort has been fruitless for a variety of reasons. One prospect was very interested in our technology; however, they wanted definitive results. I just figure, that we do the same thing that MPT did.

Start a newsletter and parlay that into viable setup.

We dont have a lot of personal money, on account of our ridiculous priced education. But a crude version has already been tested (implemented) in the "real world."

1. Personal account of one of my colleague.

2. A hedge fund of a former Tufts Alumni.

#15     Apr 24, 2003
  6. Wow, thanks a lot. This info might save me some headache along the way.:)

#16     Apr 25, 2003