Starting a new trading floor

Discussion in 'Trading' started by razorbull, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Just get out of the states and open a Swift office in some tropical paradise with great bandwidth...

that's just my biased opinion from Costa Rica.

#21     Mar 10, 2008
  2. Look at Bright they are looking for affiliates

#22     Mar 10, 2008
  3. Actually Sue Smallbones gave you the best response.

Seriously, WHY do you want to start a trading "floor", focused on stocks, in the U.S.? Especially trying to branch off a big firm like Assent or Swift. It's a racket more played out than Vanilla Ice.

Maybe you don't care that much about the profitability of the business model and are passionate about the industry, but still, it's a lot of headaches.

Anyway, looking forward to your answer.

#23     Mar 10, 2008
  4. Then what would my alternatives be? I am not an experienced trader, but want to learn. I also love to manage a business, but don't have the capital to back 50 (or even 15) traders on my own. THAT'S why I wanted to leverage another company like those you mentioned. If there is a better alternative, I'd seriously like to learn more. I'll be the first to admit I'm VERY early in the planning process here and appreciate all input.

#24     Mar 11, 2008

5. lol
    are you an idiot then?

You have no capital trying to start a capital intensive business

dood , just become a travel broker, sell carnivals 7day cruise to the mediterrrian and make a $100 commission

damn dreamers these days.

#25     Mar 11, 2008
  6. :( You hurt my little feelers...you have no idea about my capital specifics. However, I'll admit right away I need a bigger fish to supply backing. I need their system, their training (for me), and their leverage to get a decent number of traders going. You got $15,000,000 to back a room full of traders?

#26     Mar 11, 2008
  7. hardly trying to hurt your feelings by calling you an idiot

just stating the obvious

if you don't have the capital, start from the bottom, simple as that, dood thinks he can start a GE corporation by just borriwing money

its not the money that is important my chucklehead friend (thats a feeling hurt lol)

its the experience and know-how that makes a business. money is rampant

#27     Mar 11, 2008
  8. Since you've got all the answers, where should I start in trading? I actually do value all opinions (suprisingly even yours).

#28     Mar 11, 2008
  9. Get in touch with congoboy on this forum. He will make you rich, congo style.

#29     Mar 11, 2008
  10. I also have no capital but want to learn to trade and also enjoy managing people. Therefore I also want to start a trading floor with someone else's leverage and will cover only the costs of the office and equipment. This sounds wonderful!

#30     Mar 11, 2008