Starting A New Trading Account...Can I do Better...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by drprotrader, Aug 24, 2003.

1. soler

soler

whats the website of point direx? I'm interested
    in knowing if I can trade remote from toronto,can

thx

#11     Aug 25, 2003
  2. I have to agree wth this......most any retail firm will let anyone in with $5K, and just keep them until the margin calls come in. The better retail firms, if you dont want to take a test and go professional are probalbly IB or Trade Station, even Point Direx.

In any case,, best of luck.....it's a little like coming to Vegas to play poker with $5 in your pocket.........

Good Luck!!

Don

#12     Aug 25, 2003

3. gotta disagree with you here...what are you going to do with 20k??? In 2000 I'd say nothing but considering how far many of the big name stocks have dropped, it's a good starting point...also, the original poster is rather new at this so I don;t think starting small and slow is a bad way to go.....since i disagreed with you , does this mean you are going to take me out into the parking lot like the old days??? im taller Don, but the 250 lb is goign to be hard to overcome!

:D :D

Ps: i do agree w/you on the choice of firms PointDirex and IB are the way to go...and possibly Redwood too.

#13     Aug 25, 2003
  4. axehawk

axehawk

It's kind of funny how I was the original person who said the guy is wasting his time with only $5000, yet Don gets bashed for it.

Will it ever end?

#14     Aug 25, 2003

5. I did not BASH Don....i was having a little fun with Don over some prior postings he made when he said that in the old days disputes were settled in the parking lot or alley, but at 250lbs he usually won.....i love don and was fooling around with him, no disrespect intended....BTW, Since you didn't;t pick up on the inside joke heer, I might as well clue you in and let you know there is no such place as SHILL Securities ok?

#15     Aug 25, 2003
  6. axehawk

axehawk

My bad.

i love don....[/QUOTE]

Wow.

:eek:

I might as well clue you in and let you know there is no such place as SHILL Securities ok? [/QUOTE]

I am aware. Thanks.

#16     Aug 25, 2003

7. Wow.

:eek:

I might as well clue you in and let you know there is no such place as SHILL Securities ok? [/QUOTE]

LOL Some are not....Do you know how many PM's I received???? That was one of the reasons I ended it...some people really believed it
    I am aware. Thanks.
    [/QUOTE]

#17     Aug 25, 2003
  8. H2O

H2O

You're welcome....:D :D :D

#18     Aug 25, 2003
  9. No parking lots any more....But what are you going to do with $20K? Heck I only use 20 stocks and it takes about 1.5Mil to place the orders, to give a big edge. Don't get me wrong, I'm not just trying to promote the use of proprietary capital, but want all traders to see that this is a capital intensive business. Sure, you play nickel slots and win sometimes, and lose sometimes, but to make a living you need adequate capital (both yours and the Firms).

Don (Yeah, and why AM I getting bashed for someone else's comment?)

Don:confused:

#19     Aug 25, 2003
  10. I did not bash you ...i disagreed with you for a NEW trader, which he sounds like....but also, i don't think Bright is going to hand 1.5 mil BP to a new remote trader....just a hunch LOL!....

#20     Aug 25, 2003