Starting a new prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trader108, Jun 3, 2009.

1. But they only get 4:1 leverage. OP wanted 40:1. How will they get that at IB?

#21     Jan 1, 2010
  2. The firm i trade for will be able to handle traders who want to trade solo in China or open an office. The owners are HONEST and offer competitive deals. I highly recommend this firm i have traded for 2 other prop firms in the past and have gotten burned by them. PM me if anyone is interested.

#22     Jan 1, 2010
  3. they're not gonna do much better as owners of a prop... good luck finding a prime acct willing to let u carry 40:1.

the leverage you see at prop firms is not the leverage the firm gets from it's prime broker or clearer. it's a result of the prop knowing that not everyone will use all the money all the time, and if they do use it all or more, that the cost of access to short term capital loans to satisfy and margin calls will still allow for profitability.

no significant capital base and no significant short term loan contacts = no prop.

#23     Jan 1, 2010
  4. Who said anything about being a prop owner and trying to open a prime account. They can just be a subgroup of est. prop firm. This is not rocket science.

#24     Jan 2, 2010
  5. Hmm - 5 posts and anonymous - how could we possibly doubt this recommendation?

Hopefully anyone setting up something will do their research, get legal/financial guidance from major, trusted sources and not just depend on forum advice...

#25     Jan 2, 2010

6. Just curious in what ways you got burned by the 2 prop firms you traded with??

#26     Jan 2, 2010
  7. Do people really get this kind of leverage? A future contract is itself 50x leveraged (not at IB but other places who let you trade ES for 500-1000 margin) and a leverage of 40:1 on top of that is insane. I seriously thought that it was a typo. My bad.

#27     Jan 3, 2010
  8. Psub

Psub

Even india has an attactive capital gain tax for the capital markets and off late many FIIS has started investing the indian capital market
    let get connect so we can discuss this further

#28     Dec 1, 2010
  9. Oh no operator watch out. Don't start arguing with prop seeker. He is more than likely going to troll you, and end up in a long argument, for an over extended amount of time.

#29     Dec 2, 2010