Starting a hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by G_Morgan, Feb 10, 2004.

1. qtip -
    a fund of funds distributes assets to other hedge funds...

I guess you need to be a pretty good marketer to get enough assets to do that, but there is still a lot involved in the technical side. Specifically, selecting funds..

#11     Feb 10, 2004
  2. qtip

qtip

Ah, I see. You hear so much about being a great trader on these threads, it is really great to know tha you can be involved in the "trading industry" without being a great trader. Do any of you know of websites where I can get more education on Fund of Funds. thanks!

qtip

#12     Feb 10, 2004
  3. qtip

qtip

...Or how to establish a Fund of Funds. As you can tell from my posts, I am newbie to this site.

qtip

#13     Feb 10, 2004
  4. There is plenty of free information out there. B of A used to hold free "conferences" where attorneys and CPA's gave the run down on how to get started. Attorney's are more than happy to talk to you for free about formation, etc. if they are under the impression that you're shopping for legal services. Same with accountants. So, I wouldn't worry much about that. Capital and trading strategy should be your #1 concerns. Unless you have a ready source of capital, or a multi-year track record -- or lots of cash stashed away and some very low overhead, it will be very tough to get a fund going.

Good luck...

#14     Feb 10, 2004