Starting a Hedge Fund with no Credibility

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by webent, Jan 15, 2007.

1. find an incubator who will let u use the broker u are currently using for your managed accts. only your PA is at play as far as the incubator, NAV, ratios etc are concerned. the incubator doesn't have to know about the other accts, seems to me, thats purely private stuff between your broker, your managed clients and you. and from your broker's standpoint, having your PA + managed accts, or your "PA / fund" + managed accts on their books, doesn't make a iota of a difference...

am i missing sthg?

#31     Jan 17, 2007
  2. for one, depends what sort of investors you got, HNW wldn't give a toss as long as the new PB is of equal standing... for two, my offering documents need not tie me down to one and only one PB forever, just that clients will be notified ahead of any change that may be required, manager decision, for an equal standing PB or better... take or leave

building a relationship with a new PB takes the time it takes, i've only dealt with 2nd-tier PBs for now and its lightning quick, like 48hrs to get all the paperwork done if you have the right intros... who needs UBS... but even then...

now if you weren't running on a 2 PBs setup cause your size wldn't allow it, then you do have to wait for sign-off from yr "new" PB. once you've got that, you transfer the pozzies whichever way you have to, the cash by wire, but your clients need not be involved, are not impacted in any way...

with managed accts, you need to get them one by one to sign-up to the new broker, then to transfer monies from one broker to the other... one by one... if you think thats fun... and that they all do it just like that because you ask them, and all at the same time like just the day you ask...

anyway, last, the solution i am referring to earlier... its a Cayman SPC basically... say relationships are in place with Prime X & Prime Y, anyone of the segregated portfolios / sub-funds may opt for one or the other or both... and switch in a blink...

am i missing sthg?

#32     Jan 17, 2007
  3. sure, and none of them has an offshore setup, all the contrary they are all in pay-thru-the-nose tax-mad regulatory-top-heavy type jurisdictions, AND THEY ARE ALL RETURNING A GREAT PERF!!!... on a count of 3, 1-2-3-snap... your waking' up :)

look surf, no offense, you can be helpful sometimes... keep it that way mate...

#33     Jan 17, 2007
  4. ehd8c

ehd8c Guest

We are a prime broker and deal with start-up and emerging hedge fund managers. Please call me, Beth, at 678-405-4200 and I would be happy to discuss further.

#34     Jan 31, 2007