Starter Account Size for Emini S&P?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EminitraderDM, Nov 1, 2008.

1. I could be completely wrong, but I am guessing that since you are asking how much to start an account with, you will lose whatever you put in the account simply due to inexperience.

Check out Infinity Futures, open a demo, ask for Russ, trade the demo for a few months before you put in anything.

Steve

#21     Nov 1, 2008
  2. Why don't you read my other posts, or just the first post of this thread. I've been trading a simulater for weeks now.

I posted a chart also with some trades entry and exit points.

#22     Nov 1, 2008
  3. Are there still brokers offering $500/ES intraday margin?

What about AMP or Mirus futures, don't they have a low performance bond requirement?

#23     Nov 1, 2008
  4. I know AMP does.

#24     Nov 1, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You wanna know how to make a small fortune in futures trading?

Start out with a big one.

:D

#25     Nov 1, 2008
  6. I can almost guarantee that a newbie trading the ES with a $5k account will blow out. Ditto $10k. Someone who is highly disciplined and a quick learner MIGHT make it with a 10k account, but the odds are heavily against you. Unless you are just looking for excitement or a long shot gamble, try to start with $20k. That is for trading one lots.

Of course, WTFDIK?

#26     Nov 1, 2008
  7. Well, your first post makes no mention of your experience. The chart was filled with too much "noise" for me.

Since you now have a few weeks trading with a demo, I suggest you spend at least a few more months practicing managing your trades, keep logs.

Don't be in such a hurry to lose money.

Nothing personal, been there, done that, don't wish the same thing on anyone.........give it at least a few more months before you fund any account.

JMHO

Steve

#27     Nov 1, 2008
  8. I would say you know alot with over 10,000 posts. Holy sh*t...lol

Im leaning more and more to a 20k account.

#28     Nov 1, 2008
  9. I have to agree with you. I will be doing much more trading with a sim account before I start to risk my own capital.

#29     Nov 1, 2008
  10. Work out your trading strategy and cash requirements in a SIM account. The $ amount required is directly dependent on your draw downs and safety stops. Careful your not churning broker commissions with little profits.

#30     Nov 1, 2008