Started a fund, need help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raushanc, May 27, 2018.

1. Raushanc

Raushanc

Hey guys!

So recently I have been working with a trader from England, and I decided to start a fund. Given his past experience in trading and my experience in trading, I was able to get a few clients of $50k easily. Now the issue remains, I want to get bigger clients ($250k+) but I do not know any approach on how to get them.

I was thinking doing door to door, cold calling, but I'm sure they are not the people who would prefer that.

Do you guys know any forums where I can post our results and maybe it will open up a conversation with them? Or any other marketing ideas? Or anything to help me out?

Cheers

2. bone

bone

3. if you are seriously asking these dumb questions, you shouldn't be even thinking of managing people money or trading to begin with

kj5159 and bone like this.
  4. Raushanc

Raushanc

Since when has asking for help been dumb. I've already explored some avenues, and i came here to ask for help from people who might be an expert in this field. you can't expect one person to know everything. He can only know so much and then ask for help

5. bone

bone

The bigger clients you seek will want you to be registered with a regulatory agency. (See my links above). There are several legal and audit procedures you will have to follow in order to manage OPM in a legal, regulated framework. Working outside this framework, while in some cases might be legal to a somewhat narrow and limited extent, increases your risks for tort litigation and regulatory criminal referral.

It is expensive to manage OPM from a compliance perspective. It can be much more expensive to choose to work outside that regulatory compliance framework - people with true wealth frequently tend to be litigious; even when their prospects for a favorable court ruling are virtually nil. Securities attorneys are very expensive, so even if that client suing you ultimately loses - you lose too.