start with a blank canvas

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ammo, Mar 29, 2011.

1. redbox

redbox

So you have the dailies, going back say a week and then the yearly for more context?

And you reckon getting a handle on this will be better served by hand drawing the charts for a while?

#61     Aug 12, 2014
  2. ammo

ammo

i can post the charts and show you where it might go but you probably wouldnt take a trade on that info, if you hand chart and become convinced or get comfortable with the repetition of a mimimal # of patterns you will be more inclined to take a trade and have a better idea of whether to stay in or bail, instead of watching 15 different things , you can make decisions on less either or info, and it will be chart based, not acct or emotionally based, the hand charting forces you to become part of the market, which hopefully will ramp up your learning curve

#62     Aug 12, 2014
  3. ammo

ammo

in the late 80's spu's had a 3 pt range and you could day trade very easily with that 30 minute chart, now we get 10/20/30 pt moves and you need the larger timeframes to gauge the moves

#63     Aug 12, 2014
  4. redbox

redbox

Great, thanks for the input Ammo, I'll practice using MP by hand for a while and when I get comfortable with it I will start looking for possible setups and areas to do business. Appreciate your time. I may post the occasional and questions if that is OK?

#64     Aug 12, 2014
  5. ammo

ammo

i will try to answer, as i said earlier, you will learn it by hand with no words and hopefully you will just know , not knowing why

#65     Aug 12, 2014
  6. HKVP9

HKVP9

You could do that. That would be a noble and worthy cause. And, yes. Sometimes, starting with a "Blank Canvas" is the right thing to do. However, trading does not have to be a "Guessing Game." You can know where the market is headed, when you learn how to look at the markets in the right way.

Take this SPX Chart for example:

[​IMG]

I created this chart for your benefit. I do not trade the equities markets or any of its derivatives anymore. I have never traded the SPX in my life as a Trader. I have never studied SPX data. I have never studied SPX charts. Today, was the first time I had even seen an SPX chart in many years. So, I am essentially calling a trade on SPX for the first time in my life - sight unseen.

How can I do this?

I can do this because the vast majority of traded markets out there are predictable in certain aspects of their behavior. This is but one example. I trade currencies and have been doing so successfully for quite some time now, not the SPX.

Today is 8/12/2014. I am telling you that SPX is going to hit at least 1,910, without ever having seen an SPX chart within the past many years and never having ever studied its data or traded its symbol on any exchange.

Why am I doing this?

To reveal to you that you can know where the markets are going with a high degree of certainty. What you are witnessing here is an Indicator that I developed as part of my research. It is not for sale. I am not a salesman. I am a Trader. I am a very unconventional Trader, but a Trader nonetheless. The Indicator is called B2i. It is a Short Term Predictive Indicator and it sits within a group of other indicators that I call the Geometric Class of Predictive Indicators.

This indicator has Seven (7) basic components:

- A primary Open to High Leg
    - A primary Open to Low Leg
    - A Projected High to Target Leg
    - A Projected Low to Target Leg
    - A Point of Projected Intersection
    - A Future Fall Line (A Neutral/Horizontal Target Line)
    - An Approach Fix Entry Window

There are two (2) other "Fall Lines," but those are Real-Time Dynamic Target Projections that I cannot perform on a static forum such as this.

This Indicator was developed out of a mathematical approach to studying the markets that I developed more than 14 years ago. I just began sharing this pattern online a few weeks ago on another forum. This Indicator that you are witnessing is the Prototype Version of the original concept (Version 1.0). This Indicator has been through five revisions and now sits inside a technical trading system that I developed exclusively for my own use - also never for sale - never has been and never will be.

The current version of this indicator is Version 5.x and it runs greater than 92.3% accuracy to a specified target (at the time of this post). I am NOT able to share that version of the indicator with the general public. You are ONLY witnessing Version 1.0, the prototype - 14 years old. It runs in the mid to high 70% accuracy range to a specified target (the Fall Line).

A couple notes:

Notice the chart. To the left, if has a completed B2i pattern with its own Fall Line running horizontally through the projected intersection. You can see that the market came back to that level, after establishing what's called the Lowest Low Extension (where the Open to Low Leg terminates). Price is about to do the same thing again, only this time it will be into the area of 1,910 or lower.

There are several other important aspects of the B2i that I have not covered in this one post, but will at a later time. For now, just try to absorb what's been given and FOLLOW the SPX as it moves downward through the Fall Line of 1,910. The SPX is currently at roughly 1,935.

Sorry, I could not join this thread earlier in the pattern, but I only found out about this OP today.

Somebody send me a PM when that happens (because I DO NOT FOLLOW the SPX) and I will come back to this thread to discuss further details.

There is a roughly 30% chance the SPX will not hit 1,910, but I'm not counting on it. Again, this is Version 1.0 of B2i and thus, the ride to the target area won't be as nice as Version 5.x delivers for me in the currency markets.

Have fun watching it! :)

Disclaimer: You don't trade anything that somebody brings into an online forum without doing your own homework and understanding exactly why you are taking a position. This is for entertainment and educational purposes only. This is not intended as implied trading advice of any kind, whatsoever.

#66     Aug 12, 2014
  7. ammo

ammo

ndx

#67     Aug 14, 2014
    redbox likes this.
  8. HKVP9

HKVP9

[​IMG]

It was certainly off on the timing aspect but the target was struck. I gave no guidance on how volatile the ride would be for a good reason. As I said, back in Aug, I do not trade the SPX and I had never even seen an SPX chart for many years prior. I know nothing about SPX and have never traded it.

I could tighten things down quite a bit on the entry, draw phase and target area, but I did this completely in the blind - just because I can. Admittedly, it was rough, but it worked as expected.

#68     Oct 15, 2014
  9. HKVP9

HKVP9

I could get much more precise with this, but I've run my time out for public posts this year on another site. I spent a lot more time on the other site demonstrating this stuff than I had original intended ( userid idoublestoch on forexfactory: "Useless Drivel" thread)

As usual, I will try back next year, however.

Until 2015 - Always Trade Well!

#69     Oct 15, 2014