Start Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by arzoo, Aug 5, 2002.

1. arzoo

arzoo

I'm looking to learn to become a professional trader and hope you guys can help, have few years experience of trading part time, although I havent really stuck with any method, sometimes chart, sometimes news, instinct, etc.

Although, in the yrs I've been trading I always end the year up, making sure I stop losses before they hurt me.

I'm still working and am looking to start slowly and increase trading over time. But am sure that to do so I will have to stick to a fixed methodology.

Any advice on which is a good way to go. I understand charts, the indicators, etc, but dont know which works well under daily use. I know consistency will be very important which is why I would like to get the method right from the start at the very least.

I also saw this site called financialpicks.com saying his gains have been 300+,400+ & 600+% in the last 3 yrs... can this be true or is he just pulling people's leg to get them to sign up?

Hope you guys can help.

2. Arzo,

First and most importantly...read what I said to fiachra about any advisory or subscription service:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7541

Now...after you've read my previous post...I'll make it easier about the website you just mentioned. I pulled this from financialpicks.com website:

"...Plainly speaking, these trades were not actually executed. Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations..."

Secondly, it may help you get more responses to simply just tell members here what you're planning on trading...

stocks, options, eminis, heating oil or what?

My advice...pick one financial instrument...use EliteTrader's search button in the upper right corner and do a search on that financial instrument to see what strategies or methodologies other traders are talking about.

Start from there...research these forum threads...software, brokers, books, strategies and find something you think merits further investigation.

If you get confused about a particular discussion...start your own forum thread (just like you did) about a specific topic and no generalities.

Good luck and welcome back to trading.

P.S. It's very suspicious when someone is new at EliteTrader that makes their first post by mentioning a subscription pick service. Even more suspicious when the poster mentions percentage gains.

Thus, there are a lot of intelligent, professional traders at this forums that have been around the block many many times...please don't under estimate this intelligence.

NihabaAshi

3. arzoo

arzoo

About the site, the reason I asked was I was kinda suspicious. Like why would he need to get subscribers who pay such a small amount when he gets big returns in trading, which by now gives him a lot of capital to make big returns (dollar-wise if not percentage-wise).

I'd like to learn about trading stocks, namely nasdaq issues, and was hoping to get some help since I noticed that a lot of you guys have lots of experience compared to me.