Start of anti-psychology

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by WDGann, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Bolts

Bolts

Problem is, the "what" is constantly changing. Maybe if we knew the "why", knowing the "what" would be easy. But of course it might be impossible to know the "why", in which case the "what" is the only hope. :eek: :confused: :p

#21     Oct 9, 2003
  2. Yodan

Yodan

Psychology explains why we won't find a single formula to predict the future before a long time...

Yodan

#22     Oct 9, 2003
  3. somehow i doubt market psychology will change one bit over the long haul.

#23     Oct 9, 2003
  4. funky

funky

well said.

#24     Oct 9, 2003
  5. I have a little doubt of what you mentioned.

But before that... or along with it...

Is human nature, fully psychological?

I think it's human nature that doesn't change or "why" we won't find a formula. I think psychology is only part of what makes of us.

Any thoughts?

#25     Oct 9, 2003
  6. Hawker

Hawker

I've posted this before :

From my point of view , It is amazing how a lot of people still thinking that the financial markets are a synchronized machinery.

I know !!

We're fooled for the prints in a chart forgetting that those prints are the picture of human behavior patterns.

How can a mechanical system predict human feelings ?

The day people give up the financial markets to the computers exclusively, then from that day computer/mechanical systems can have a chance.

Meanwhile my friends, we have to burn out our brains, reign our emotions , sit tight and take what we got on the table.

It has been in that way for more than a century and will be til human being greed for money is lost.

#26     Oct 11, 2003
  7. smknbul

smknbul

The market like any living creature has moods, if you know how to approach once the mood is detected-the odds of success are heightened-it seems to me.

#27     Oct 12, 2003