Start a Hedge Fund for 30k (Serious)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraderSV, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He is just full of poops

#11     Jun 7, 2019
  2. gkishot

gkishot

But people do buy other people's businesses. How do they deal with "hidden liabilities"?

#12     Jun 7, 2019
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

Because Scat is bag of cats crazy and FOS.

#13     Jun 7, 2019
  4. Any dick with a heartbeat can open a brokerage account and get margin trading privileges...

#14     Jun 7, 2019
    trader99 and d08 like this.
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Asset sales.

#15     Jun 7, 2019
  6. TraderSV

TraderSV Guest

I can also setup a fresh LLC and get all the paperwork done new in the name of owner from the start, All the annual costs is just $1000 for maintaining the setup, if you onboard clients then there would be administrative fees and custodian, accountants and stuff.
    But till there are no clients then just around $1k a year and that includes tax filling.

#16     Jun 7, 2019
  7. TraderSV

TraderSV Guest

Setup for a ex-fund manager 2 months ago, he is very happy and wants to work again.

#17     Jun 7, 2019
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

I have thought about buying some funds as opposed to building another new one because it's not as easy as it use to be. But I never thought about buying a upstart service, the downside would be the name already in place. Where when your buying an established fund with clients that's far different and has more value.

#18     Jun 8, 2019
  9. gkishot

gkishot

Is it different from buying a business?

#19     Jun 8, 2019
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

yes and no - he is selling a business that has potential vs a business that has history.

#20     Jun 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.