Staring at the scanner - (for intra-day-traders)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TheMordy, Jun 26, 2023.

1. TheMordy

TheMordy

Hi everyone,

as a intra-day-trader, I often find myself staring an hour at my scanner, waiting for a stock to fit my very tight filter criteria.

I generally hate wasting time, and also going out of my mind like that.

I find it difficult to read a book etc meanwhile, as I can't focus 100% on the reading, and then not be 10000% focused when suddenly my scanner alarm goes off.

Do sometimes meditation, but c'mon, 10min is plenty, don't need an hour everyday.

Any tips would be very much appreciated.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Put an audible alert on it and do something else.

TrailerParkTed likes this.
  3. 2rosy

2rosy

automation

earth_imperator likes this.
  4. TheMordy

TheMordy

Don't think TradingView has audible alert on the screener....

5. The obvious advice, then, would be to find another scanner that you can automate according to your very tight filter criteria. :)

6. As @2rosy already said: do some coding to automate the stuff... consult a programmer...

7. maxinger

maxinger

You posted it in the correct forum (ie psychology).
    There are tons of materials about mind management / control / exercise including
    meditation
    psycho cybernetics
    chakra
    tapping meridian points ...
    You can google it.

Many jobs require concentration.
    Air defense soldiers in Ukraine must concentrate intensely so as to shoot all incoming enemy drones/missiles ...
    Day traders have to concentrate on trading for many hours a day.

If after trying the various mind management / control / exercise things and you still
    cannot concentrate, you have to look for a job / business that requires less concentration.

Many people talk about automated trading.
    Unfortunately, no people talk about millions of automated traders who have reached financial freedom.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    TheMordy likes this.
  8. TheMordy

TheMordy

Yeah, a friend of mine used the same strategy, and blew his account twice.... automated can't replace the human mind (maybe AI...)

Thanks for the detailed answer. Yes, I enjoy meditating, but I need some different ideas, will google your suggestions.