Starbucks raising beverage prices next week

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

There's a guy that sells coffee in the morning near the place I used to work for $2. He told me he sells about 300-400 cups per day. He probably made more $$ than the majority at my work place.

#31     Jul 24, 2007
  2. varuns

varuns

300 cups a day? you surely mean week..

#32     Jul 24, 2007
  3. No, a day. Once you get up over a hundred is when you start to make money.

#33     Jul 24, 2007
  4. varuns

varuns

Wow that's amazing. I guess it's about being in the right place at the right time. There is a street meat vendor close by to my office. He sells 1 for $5 and sells at least 200 a day.. With overheads, and 2 other partners, they each must be making at least $200 a day..

#34     Jul 24, 2007
  5. toc

toc

'Cost hovers around .63. The cup is the most expensive part, about .11 a piece.'

That is the business outlet cost, the poster mentioning .06 figure was presuming you buy the 1Kg can of coffee and brew it at home while having some quality 5-10 minutes with your kids and/or spouse. I wonder how much gas do folks burn in 5 minutes daily wait on the coffee drivethrough.

#35     Jul 24, 2007
  6. I'll be the first to admit that Starbucks coffee is not the best coffee. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that.

But to say a beverage that Starbucks sells for $6 can be duplicated at home for .06 is false. That's like saying you refuse to pay $20 for a bottle of Rufino when you could make wine at home for $2 a bottle. What's next, make your own clothes too? Our society may very well be consuming more than we should, but is it your place to dictate our consumption?

#36     Jul 24, 2007
  7. I don't think that's what he meant. He probably meant that Starbucks actually utilizes only 0.06 dollars worth for a 6 dollar coffee.. Not that you can make it at home for that much.

#37     Jul 24, 2007