Starbucks raising beverage prices next week

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 23, 2007.

1. lets be honest here.

most of us traders are intelligent people.

for example we all know that mcdonalds is shit food and its no good for you.

starbucks now has the same label.

over inflated prices for a cup of fucking coffee.

its a farce.

whenever i see that green and white sign it makes me want to throw up.

too many branches all over the world with about as much character in them as a cow turd.

#21     Jul 24, 2007
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

mine is .55 cents....and it packs quite the punch....a shot of cafe bustello

#22     Jul 24, 2007
  3. toc

toc

'No one forces you idiots to spend $6 on something that's worth $0.06.
    Now go and buy some bottled water.'

Excellent points!

#23     Jul 24, 2007
  4. chapper

chapper

WELCOME TO MOES!!!!

I love that place... I can get a burrito loaded with everything for less than 6 bucks... don't even need dinner if I have one for lunch

#24     Jul 24, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

There is some "Bling" brand of bottled water... $55.00 for 750ml.

You gotta be kidding...

#25     Jul 24, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

Didn't know THAT... probably worth it.

PS I'd drag my balls across 20 miles of broken glass just to hear her fart through an intercom...

#26     Jul 24, 2007
  7. I request permission to steal this amazing quote!

#27     Jul 24, 2007
  8. MattF

MattF

true. At least I buy my Dunkin' by the pound, and now by the bulk since I have a grinder...gets some good pots, and for the lb. costs maybe a couple bucks more then your Folgers, etc.

#28     Jul 24, 2007
  9. As someone who has a bit more than average knowledge on the subject of the cost of a cup of coffee, or rather a latte, Starbucks has a large profit margin, but net cost of a latte is considerably more than .06.

I have three drive through latte stands. Average price of a latte is $1.85. Cost hovers around .63. The cup is the most expensive part, about .11 a piece. I hire well endowed girls in college to run them. It's not rocket science. I net about $5k per month out of each location. It took a little under a year to recoup my investment in each stand. Of course I built them myself so I saved a lot of money there.

Coffee is addictive for many. The girls don't hurt. They make almost as much as a stripper in tips and they don't have to take their clothes off. The line at 7 a.m. is a constant 5 cars long on both sides of the stand.

#29     Jul 24, 2007
  10. Inflation is under control.

Look in to my eeeeyeees.....repeat after meee.....

"There is no inflation"...."There is no inflation". You are getting sleeeepy.

#30     Jul 24, 2007