Starbucks raising beverage prices next week

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 23, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

hmmmmm, this is BIG news....inflation continues to drive prices higher.

Starbucks raising beverage prices next week

LOS ANGELES, July 23 (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp. (SBUX.O: Quote, Profile, Research) will raise prices at its U.S. coffee shops by about 9 cents a drink next week to help offset rising costs for commodities such as milk and energy, a spokesman said on Monday.

The increase is effective July 31 at Starbucks' company-owned stores in the United States, spokesman Brandon Borrman said.

2. harry11

harry11

this is sick news- my $6 coffee is going to be even more..

3. Arnie

Arnie

Try McDonalds. The coffee is way better than Starbucks....and cheap!

4. S2007S

S2007S

Its already over priced, going to be even more over priced now. I don't even drink starbucks but had to pass the news on due to the fact that everyone thinks inflation is nothing to worry about.

5. My bread and butter, the journal and coffee, both going up. 1.50 for a wsj! Inflate or die!

6. MattF

MattF

and people probably will barely notice the increase...unless it starts happening more often.

7. Just grabbed a sandwich at a local place. Gourmet sandwich, chips, drink came out to 9.28 I told the girl that it comes as a meal deal and she said that the price was right. Then she mentioned that the prices had risen on everything. I bitch about coffee and the WSJ and then go out and have food prices thrown in my face. inflate or die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. opm8

opm8

No one forces you idiots to spend $6 on something that's worth $0.06.

Now go and buy some bottled water.

opm8

9. I dont get it?

10. opm8

opm8

Well, if you're paying Starbucks prices for what used to be (pre-Starbucks) worth about a dollar then you deserve to continue buying from them. Especially now that they're further making a mockery of every retard that goes in there that lines up to get fleeced.

So never mind all this. You'd better go buy some bottled water. ie, why spend $0.0001 a glass at home when you can spend $1.50 for a bottle? Yaaay, I belong with the sheeple!

opm8

#10     Jul 23, 2007