Starbucks: Free Coffee - Starbucks Coffee Break March 15th

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by isaac000, Mar 9, 2007.

1. http://www.slashfood.com/2007/03/05/starbucks-coffee-break-march-15th/

Next Thursday, March 15th, plan on stopping by your local Starbucks between 10am and 12 noon. During that time, Starbucks will be holding is 2nd annual Coffee Break. All company-operated and licensed Starbucks stores in the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia and Greater China will be giving away free Tall (12-ounce) cups of coffee to anyone who drops by.

2. S2007S

S2007S

who pays 5 bucks for coffee anyway.

Local deli sells extra large cup of coffee for a $1.50. Seven 11 also has sells any size coffee for 69 cents. Forget overpriced starbucks coffee.

3. blast19

blast19

That was a joke right?

There are two kinds of people...those who think that deli coffee and 7-11 coffee taste the same as any coffee shop coffee, and those who don't. People who go to Starbucks(I prefer other coffee shops) or others tasete a huge difference.

I don't really like to feel like I'm drinking watery oily coffee....therefore I pay a bit more not to drink low-quality drivel.

And $5 is a bit exaggerated...even Dunkin Donuts charges $1.95 for a large coffee.

4. traderob

traderob

Starbucks is about the cheapest place I go for coffee.

5. Sorry, but I find the custom to oversize products (to sell more ) ridiculous and the people who fall for it suckers.

If the coffee is good it does not have to be large.

GC

6. ron2368

ron2368

too bad the double mochalattefrappochocofatto with whipped cream is not on sale:(

7. blast19

blast19

haha...I'm so disgusted by these concoctions that I'm convinced don't even contain coffee...I hate waiting for obese people to order diet drinks made out of ice cream at 8 in the morning, it's obscene.

They're the Big Mac of drinks:

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nut...elProducts=142&x=10&y=10&strAction=GETDEFAULT

8. leh30705

leh30705

Gentleman,

I have made very few posts here , learned a lot and I thank you all for that vast knowledge however I feel compelled to interject my comments on this one. I have spent many years in the restaurant ind. , I can go to Starbucks and get a good quality cup of "coffee" a large in my area for about $1.95. The few pennies I usually leave ocassionally I throw in an extra dollar to the crews kitty, sometimes the rest of you might try it you'd be surprised how much they will remember you.

I read through these forums and the vast majority of you speak of making a very good living doing what your doing , I'm sure you could afford to do that. I've never averaged it out however I just cant believe that it would run my over all cost up that much...

In agreement with the previous poster if you prefer to drink water down drivel which I even think Dunkin Doughnuts serves now, that is your choice and option.

Also, with the post just above mine , it does irritate me to have to wait for all the folks to get their loaded up coffees with cream on top to go sit at a desk all day long , yet that is what has made Starbucks who they are..

Just my .02