Star Trek lives

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 27, 2010.

1. I dont know if you could call them communist. They say they dont use money in the future and i guess if you have a replicator that can make you food & drinks, you really dont need to work. Of course everyone wants to work because the more work you do, the more credits they will give you to use that sweet holodeck! People will work 18 hours a day to get 30 minutes in that holodeck, i think.

#11     Jan 27, 2010
  2. William Shatner can slap the crap out of George Lucas. :cool:

#12     Jan 28, 2010

3. No, its a collective, otherwise that replicator would just be a vending machine in your home with royalties or simply cost
    for item pricing. If it were free that'd be redistribution of wealth.
    The future can't help but have a more enlightened population than what we have today. I'd love to cryogenics myself 1000 years into the future.

#13     Jan 28, 2010
  4. Here’s a bit of Star Trek trivia. Roddenberry used to hang out downstate in Ossining with a group doing research into human psychic abilities. They used a specially modified faraday cage to run experiments with distant viewing, channeling, psychic healing and communication.
    There’s plenty written on the subject. I just googled this up. The group was the source of Roddenberrys Deep Space Nine and 7of9. reference.
    Read it through Roddenberry is prominently mentioned about half way in. You will see where he got his info.
    If you think about our current research into placing chips in humans and who controls that, and then think about the Borg and the new world order I don’t think I would like to be here in a thousand years.
    If you do any research into energy production from alternate sources and I don’t mean wind or solar you will usually run into the same names. I’m into electrical and hydrogen generation. These guys came up with some good ideas and were granted patents on their inventions, aside from the other stuff they were into.
    http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/council_of_nine_fortean.htm

#14     Jan 29, 2010
  5. I never cared for the Star Trek knockoffs, Next Generation etc except for Star Trek Enterprise which is worth watching.

It is set in 2150 about 200 years before Kirk. Really hot Vulcan girl on it.

#15     Jan 30, 2010

6. And Babylon 5 Geeks kick both their whimpy asses
    [​IMG]

#16     Jan 30, 2010