Stanley Druckenmiller's main trading strategy

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Pedrod2, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Pedrod2

Pedrod2

Hi everyone,
    I recently watched this interview of Stanley Druckmiller:

At around 17:00, he says that his main strategy for the past 35 years has been "Price Action VS News".

Do you know what he means by that? I know what Price Action is, but the VS News part, no idea. I wonder how Price action relates to news. And he didn't say Price Action & News either.

Thanks!

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

15:35

edit : that price move, was a consequence ( for the speakers benefit ), of what @Overnight wrote below.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    murray t turtle and Stockolio like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I believe what he is alluding to is how algos (which is machine-readable data) has taken the "soul" out of the market.

We saw that today, when the markets spiked on news about Trump delaying tariffs. That was pure machine action. No decision-making was involved with that.

4. Pedrod2

Pedrod2

Thanks guys, ok so if I try to reformulate to see if I understood correctly, basically:

He's using Positive Price Action when there's News as a buy signal. Since algos came, positive price action when there's news doesn't mean anything at all. That prevents his trading strategy from working correctly.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. %%
    He could write a book on that; looks like he was honest enough to tell part of it.The order is price action/data; 2nd, then news.:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution: