Stanley Druckenmiller shuts firm: another victim of poor market conditions

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MohdSalleh, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Lol, my inability to tolerate drawdowns is exactly why I don't have a wife and kids.

#61     Aug 20, 2010
  2. ammo

ammo

maybe he sees the next 4 years out..and doesnt want to stick around..maybe he will buy an island

#62     Aug 22, 2010
  3. optimal

optimal

Pointing out that ET is overrun by idiots, and that running Druckenmiller down is the act of an idiot, doesn't exactly make someone a 'fanboy'. In fact, the use of the term 'fanboy' says more and says it more clearly than the defense of Druckenmiller.

#63     Aug 22, 2010
  4. Ghost,

In general I would agree with this except for the fact that 95% + of the general population have never heard of Stanley Druckenmiller and if someone told them he was retiring would just call him a greedy bastard who stole billions while they have slaved away their whole life without having any idea about or understanding what he has done in his lifetime. In essence, no one outside the markets or very interested in finance/derivatives would have any clue who he was.

Of course if you asked those same people who was on the last version of the bachelor, the bachelorette or who won the last version of American Idol (of which I could not answer any of them), they would be able to answer that straight away. So is it any wonder most have no clue about anything?

Good trading all

BM

#64     Aug 22, 2010
  5. Hey, this guy is just as good as Madoff used to be...

#65     Aug 22, 2010
  6. jem

jem

I started to really love golf again, when I started walking the course again.

I just had one the most enjoyable moments of life playing until sunset on friday.

I realize carts destroy rhythm.. the moment. I think they almost block the zone.

#66     Aug 22, 2010