Stanley Druckenmiller shuts firm: another victim of poor market conditions

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MohdSalleh, Aug 18, 2010.

1. jem

jem

The guys got 2.8 billion dollars.
    Hedgefunds are the coolest business model.

#51     Aug 20, 2010
  2. jem

jem

#52     Aug 20, 2010

3. Actually, it's called <i>style drift</i>, but, hey, whatever.

#53     Aug 20, 2010
  4. It's ok.

I am not that famous anyway. =)

#54     Aug 20, 2010
  5. "Straw that broke the camel's back"

#55     Aug 20, 2010
  6. I meant mid 50's. Thanks for the correction.
    I haven't been the same after I got back from vacation.

#56     Aug 20, 2010
  7. money isnt everything guys. you will understand.. at my age you will.

#57     Aug 20, 2010
  8. Meanwhile some other middle-aged guy who has been laid off, is upside-down on his mortgage, is getting reamed by divorce and alimony, with two spoiled brat teenagers who hate his guts, is looking at Druckenmiller and saying "what the fuck is that guy smoking!"

#58     Aug 20, 2010
  9. Rofl. Of all the things he gave up trading for, he chose GOLF??? A good walk spoiled? Jesus H Christ.

Also it's interesting that he felt his work was a chore rather than a pleasure. My reply would have been "Trading is more fun than spoiling a good walk". Not that I can't leave, but I *don't want to*. Not for golf anyway.

Sad to spend all that time in the markets and not enjoy it anymore.

#59     Aug 20, 2010
  10. Or zero. From the New Market Wizards interview, he seemed to be having fun in his early days when he had hardly any money. What went wrong?

Being a slave to the grind as a rich person is true insanity. No amount of money is worth not pursuing the life you want. 10, 20 years of your life have infinite monetary value, it's nuts to trade them for even $1 billion. Stan will be an old man soon, I hope he at least enjoys his 'retirement'.

He should consider writing a trading book. I'd definitely love to read about his strategies and experiences in the markets, imagine how interesting a read it would be.

#60     Aug 20, 2010