Stanley Druckenmiller shuts firm: another victim of poor market conditions

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MohdSalleh, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Daal

Daal

He wants to enjoy the money rather than be a slave of it

#31     Aug 19, 2010
  2. southall

southall

He could have done that at 35 million.

#32     Aug 19, 2010
  3. You would understand better if you followed markets as they develop, rather than in retrospect. Throughout the bond market rally, there have been loud voices recommending the <i>short</i> side... http://seekingalpha.com/article/186718-taleb-short-u-s-government-bonds “Every single human being,” he said, should bet that U.S. Treasury bonds will fall.”

Of course, in retrospect everyone "should" bet the right way on every market move.

#33     Aug 19, 2010
  4. on CNBC yesterday, one reporter quoted him as saying that current market conditions were "frustrating and challenging", maybe he knows the game is not going to be good for many decades to come, might as well go out now and enjoy the last 20 years of your life.

no point pulling your hair out every day for the next 20 years isnt it?

#34     Aug 19, 2010
  5. ronblack

ronblack

"Druckenmiller is a graduate of Collegiate School in Richmond, Virginia. He holds BAs in English and economics from Bowdoin College and graduated in 1975. He dropped out of a three-year Ph.D. program in economics at the University of Michigan in the middle of the second semester to accept a position as an oil analyst for Pittsburgh National Bank."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Druckenmiller

Lol. He would be a poor man now had he decided to finish his Ph.D.

Smart man, really smart.

#35     Aug 19, 2010
  6. ronblack

ronblack

There is no reason to speculate. The hypothesis with the highest probability is that he is tired dealing with clients and regulations, he has enough money now to continue trading his own personal fund from his mansions around the world.

#36     Aug 19, 2010
  7. More important than any any other information in the Bloomi article. Stanley´s wealth is approximately $2.8 billion. He will establish his own family office for "fun".

He belongs into the traders hall of fame ! Hats off !

#37     Aug 19, 2010
  8. 007Arb

007Arb

I would understand better if I didn't have to resort to using retrospect???? I talked about the junk bond rally on ET as early as January 2009 and on other trading boards discussed why I was buying in the November/December 2008 time period because they were ridiculously pricing in a default rate that was much greater than at the depths of the Great Depression. So I hardly see where that is using retrospect.

#38     Aug 19, 2010
  9. Damn smart conclusion.
    He's mid sixty's and understands he doesn't have to deal with whining clients, "the politics", can still spend the rest of his life in the lap of luxury and can trade his personal account at his leisure.
    This wild rumor being spread by his neighbors and golfing buddies.

#39     Aug 19, 2010
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

He is actually only 57, pretty young, but then again, what is the point of being wealthy if not to enjoy it?

#40     Aug 19, 2010