Stanley Druckenmiller shuts firm: another victim of poor market conditions

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MohdSalleh, Aug 18, 2010.

1. I'm sure he's been down more 5% before. The size of the drawdown has nothing to do with it.

#11     Aug 18, 2010
  2. All you pikers ripping S.D. are pathetic.

30 years and ZERO down until this year's puny 5% giveback.

3.5 billion net worth

Yeah, keep ripping him all you "Elite Traders".

#12     Aug 18, 2010
  3. ptrjon

ptrjon

fanboy much?

#13     Aug 18, 2010
  4. Millionaire

Millionaire

I often lose 5% of my account on one trade.

This guy is a sore loser/cry baby, by the sounds of things.

If you cant take a loss you shouldnt be in this business.

#14     Aug 18, 2010
  5. olias

olias

uh....in 30 years in the market I'm pretty sure he's learned how to 'take a loss'.

#15     Aug 18, 2010
  6. Don't know shit about him except for what I wrote.

Just laugh at all you loser wannabe's sitting at home trying to make rent money and ripping billionaire traders.

#16     Aug 18, 2010
    PoundTheRock likes this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#17     Aug 18, 2010
  8. " Druckenmiller said his success is in part due to lessons he learned from his mentor at his first job at Pittsburgh National Bank, Speros Drelles.

Drelles taught him to use technical analysis to help gauge whether prices were poised to jump, while most analysts depended on a company’s financial reports to decide whether a stock was a good buy. If a company has good charts and fundamentals, he’d put it in the portfolio. His training as an economist also helped him identify big macro themes, such as housing starts, retail spending and unemployment that would cause shares to climb or swoon. "

#18     Aug 18, 2010
  9. Millionaire

Millionaire

“While the joy of winning for clients is immense, for me the disappointment of each interim drawdown over the years has taken a cumulative toll that I cannot continue to sustain,” he wrote to his 100 clients today.

Just goes to confirm that trading is emotionally negative sum, regardless of how much money you make.

The winning periods, even though you make more money during them, dont make up emotionally for the losing periods.

Trading saps your emotional mojo.

#19     Aug 18, 2010
  10. Perhaps you should change your moniker to Billionaire before criticizing Druckenmiller and his trading.

#20     Aug 18, 2010