Stanford MBA vs Berkeley Financial Engineering

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by StocksSniper, Dec 12, 2005.

1. value s-corp = value c-corp/(1-tax rate)

if no leverage.

#51     Dec 15, 2005
  2. i guess you are confused. first you call me dropout, then now i'm a student?

lol

#52     Dec 15, 2005
  3. Now post the rest of the answers .... I'm sure that we can all learn valuable insights into how you value a company for aquisition versus how one would value it in a fiduciary capacity acceptable to regulators for a large investor or pool.

#53     Dec 15, 2005
  4. so far you haven't proven jack. it was nice talking to you, good night

#54     Dec 15, 2005
  5. the answers are quite obvious. take a good look at the backgrounds of the founders of yahoo, sunw and goog. they were all computer sci grad students at stanford.

#55     Dec 15, 2005
  6. SUNW has done well going down the past 5 years...http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=SUNW&t=my&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

#56     Dec 15, 2005
  7. There are people on the Forbes 400 list that only have high school diplomas,so it goes to show that college isn't always everything when it comes to making money.

#57     Dec 15, 2005
  8. Enough for me,

The thread was initially about a comparision of the MBA and the MFE from two schools. It turned into a discussion on the value of the MBA and has degenerated from there. No one supported the MFE though!

#58     Dec 15, 2005
  9. CAL is a great school.

And the new Haas Business facility is state of the art, with gorgeous views and architecture . . . However, I have no idea on how valuable the MFE program is. Do your own due-diligence.

By the way, applications for the 2006-2007 year are now closed.
    Applications for the 2007-2008 year will open today, 12/15.

http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/MFE/

#59     Dec 15, 2005
  10. If you are comparing the value of a Stanford (or Harvard) MBA to a UCB MFE I've got to believe you're not Stanford material. And if you are looking at a Stanford MBA strictly from the point of view of financial ROI,... well, what can I say? Tell me, what was your GMAT score? Who wrote your letters of recommendation.

And discount the people who say it's easy to get into Stanford GSB -- they either never tried or were rejected.

#60     Dec 15, 2005