Stanford MBA vs Berkeley Financial Engineering

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by StocksSniper, Dec 12, 2005.

1. I think I have said it ...... Even with the small class at a place like Stanford, in my opinion, taking time off to do the MBA from a viable career is not worth it .... unless:
    (1) your career is going nowhere and you have no idea what to do to remedy the problem
    AND
    (2) You have time and money to burn.

#41     Dec 15, 2005
  2. what ph.d? what did you teach?

#42     Dec 15, 2005
  3. are you sure you went to a ph.d at stanford? i mean, your words just sound like some 40 year old prop trader who was laid off his previous job because he did not have an mba (or dropped out of college) and his job was taken by somebody younger.

wow, you just sound very naive about reality. saying that you can learn on your own what stanford is teaching is like saying bill gates dropped out, so why shouldn't I?

i mean, do you even know what buying and selling businesess are about? why don't you provide an outline on how you would value a company? when do you lever or unlever the beta? what's the difference between APV and DCF valuation? What are the MM propositions? can you tell me what the penalty of valuing a business is when the company is formed as a C corp instead of an S corp? and to say that an MBA doesn't help you at all is truly ignorant. you don't have an MBA. then why would you know? you said you taught, but after reading your posts, you maybe taught classical languages? and to say that an MBA at standford is no use for entrprenuers... stanford is the best school for entreprenuers.... dude. i don't know whether to laugh or cry

there are just so many things wrong with your statements on so many levels that if i address all of them it may take weeks.

and also, advising someone against education (granted public forums are not the best way to get any advice) is truly rotten. getting education is never bad. yes, i may create another competitor by suggesting the creator of this post to go to school, but i need to keep on improving myself, and new competitors are always welcome.

maybe your career in academia, if you truly have one, has made you a typical academic.

#43     Dec 15, 2005
  4. If you would like to apply for a job with one of my firms send me your resume ..... I will be doing the quiz and lets see just how smart you think you are ... You post your analysis and answers to your own irrelevant questions.

You sound like a bitter unemployed fast food employee that never went to school and is out of options. .....

So sad for you ....

Of course, if you make no mony, have no career and have no idea what to do then by all means, spend 400K and two years of your life listening to someone else tell you what to do ....

#44     Dec 15, 2005
  5. i was about to say i felt sad for you.. haah nice. you beat me to it.

you answer one and i answer one.

#45     Dec 15, 2005
  6. Nope. I decide who I take orders from and it is not you .....

Good luck in your future endeavors ....

#46     Dec 15, 2005
  7. those questions are easy if you truly know them. i guess you don't

#47     Dec 15, 2005
  8. But since you did not answer your own questions then you dont know the answer either.
    I think you need to go to school .....

#48     Dec 15, 2005
  9. spoken like a true sulking poser. good luck to you too :D

#49     Dec 15, 2005
  10. Spoken like a true student without a job. Good luck to you too ....

#50     Dec 15, 2005