Standing Desks Vs. Treadmill Desks Vs. Dying at My Seat

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ShortBoca, Jul 1, 2018.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Was told at an early age to sit up straight. Now 20+ years sitting in front of TradeStation no back problems or big belly. Who knew.

Though it does help that I ride (outside) my 18 speed at least 5 days a week 10-12 miles per.

#21     Jul 7, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think the middle of the story is missing here. What happened? Did it cheat on you?

#22     Jul 7, 2018
  3. Bill.C.

Bill.C.

haha no, my desk was loyal.
    I worked at an office for a bit where I had one.

#23     Jul 9, 2018
  4. This trend like standing and work only like maybe last 3-4 years and not really more of it. So don't be that impressive with that. And you trade for something like 21 years already. How much do you making out of curiosity, if I was you I would buy some bicycle equipment to the home.

#24     May 27, 2019
  5. easymon1

easymon1

6. maxinger

maxinger

under desk exercise bike?

Serious traders do one and just one thing only while trading.
    They stay focus and they concentrate while trading.

The way I see, under desk exercise bike is for non serious traders.
    Perhaps there are some successful traders who can do multi tasking.

Anyway you don't see such bike in trading house.
    You will see all serious traders glueing their backside to the chair,
    and their eyes to the screen.
    Those who create distraction in trading house will probably be bashed.

It is easy to do multi tasking (at the expense of something or many things), but difficult to concentrate and do just one thing.
    so people might be tempted to do multi tasking.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    #26     May 30, 2019
    zdreg likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

but of course. Just responding to a request "...Any suggestions, insight would be great. Maybe you'll be able to get me taking about trading again!" Personally, the Lucky Money Chair is the answer. Check it out.

#27     May 30, 2019
  8. Sig

Sig

And many of the i-bankers I know my age have serious health issues for someone in their 40s related to heart/blood pressure. What good is money if you're miserable making it and die or are are in poor health before you can apply it to anything? In this case I'd say trying to emulate "the professionals" might get you the same results and those may not be the results you want!

#28     May 30, 2019
    DaveV and zdreg like this.