standard profit split?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by roadstar4, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Hi all. I'm in contact with a prop firm, I would be contributing a minimum of 3k $ to start trading with them and get up to 30x leverage. $.003/share plus/minus ECN's.
    what kind of profit split percentage should I expect? 60/40, 70/30, 80/20...
    is a profit split standard? Or does it depend on volume/commissions?

thanks!

2. LeeD

LeeD

I don't think there is a standard.

There is a minimum you can expect when you join a firm (so that it's a good deal as opposed to rip-off).

When you have traded with good success for a few months you are in a position to negotiate. The best traders are in a position to negotiate much better than 90% payout...

3. Let me put it this way, if you were in my position and about to start on those conditions, what profit split would you personally consider good/fair?

4. What type of day trader are you rebate,scalper,swing trading,position trading etc....?

5. Need to tell us more about your volume and profitability.

6. no rebate, no scalper,
    more of a longer timeframe/ less volume swing trading type.

But I also got another offer for no split (100/0), when depositing money that seems more reasonable, since I'd be risking my own capital. Initial commissions would be higher though.

7. 0.003/share? Expensive shop must I say... but maybe all depends on your strategy/volume.

8. im sure can do better