Standard Deviation Day

Discussion in 'Forex' started by nycfxproptrader, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Just curious is there any statistical proof behind this standard deviation day.. also how it is exactly defined?

#11     Mar 25, 2004
  2. I second this question...

#12     Mar 25, 2004
  3. STANDARD DEVIATION DAY: When a currency pair is UP or DOWN 100 or more pips, the rule is you never expect a retracement.
    In case of it being UP 100+ you wait for pullbacks, GOOD ENTRY POINTS and BUY. If it's Down 100+ you wait for bounces, GOOD ENTRY POINTS and SELL. Obviously you have to take your trade when you profit quickly because in most cases it will be going sideways (flaging) and you can take advantage of bounces to make money, but the expactation is that it will have another leg UP or DOWN.
    Almoast never fails. Do some research on charts and you will see how beautifylly it works. Look at the 5 min 5 Day chart .
    Yesterday 04.24.04 was a perfect example.

Statistical proof is your charts.

You allways wanna be on the right side of the trade and the probability of you makin money on a Standard Daviation Day is not to go against it.

Fundamental analysis for the day is also a very important factor
    If there are any significant numbers or news comming out for the day that might change the trend.
    Nothing in trading is guaranteed.

#13     Mar 25, 2004
  4. Ikspec

Ikspec

Why do you define it as a move of 100 pips or more? Wouldn't a standard deviation day be more accurately defined as a move outside of one standard deviation or more? Something I'm missing?

#14     Mar 25, 2004
  5. From what time frame do you measure 100 pips from? US/Japan/Europe time session, CME pit hours, etc.

I've seen lots of crosses go -100 pips then come back to even or +100 on occasion; what would be more important for me is if that cross stayed -100 for an extended period during the day, then I'd be inclined to sell into it for a further drop.

#15     Mar 25, 2004
  6. How could so many believe this mystical method? :D

#16     Mar 26, 2004